It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2009, 08:14 AM   #1
(male)

terryjk HB User
my wife has ms and three young children what options do i have

my wife has ms and we have a one year old . she was only diagnosed at christmas just gone and then last month we found out she is pregnant with twins . she is allready finding it tough to cope with one kid.

she was also made redundant and is unfiit to work medically.my question is when the twins are born we will have 3 kids one or under and ny wife with ms . should i apply for carers allowance and give up my job or what options do i have

concerned husband and father

Old 04-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #2
(male)

oldcarman HB User
Re: my wife has ms and three young children what options do i have

Of course I have no idea how things work regarding disability issues in Ireland. Every country is different.
But regarding MS, i would encourage you to slow down a bit. There are incredible new treatments and medications that are allowing countless people to lead normal or near normal lives. I have seen incredible success stories. There are also different ways that MS manifests itself.

Talk to your Doctor and let this all sink in first
That is my suggestion

Good luck---we will be thinking about you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: my wife has ms and three young children what options do i have

Do they have paternity or carers' leave in Ireland? You would definitely have a case for it. I agree with the other poster tho; don't burn your bridges until you know more about what you will be up against. Get all the leave that you can without sacrificing your job and see how you go. Take care, Sera.

Closed Thread