It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User
Dihydrocodeine

my son is addicted to Dihydrocodeinehe took a lot of them as he has built a tolerance i thik he takes about 40 at a time has anyone weened of these and are the withdrawals bad thanks for any replys

Old 08-08-2009, 08:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Dihydrocodeine

Hi Sharon

I am not sure about the drug dihydrocodeine; it is not a familiar name to me. However, I recognize that codeine is an element of it. 40 of any pill is an excessive, way excessive, amount to take and seeing it has codeine in it, it is surely a serious problem. I have no doubt that the withdrawal from it would be severe. If it is 40 tabs a day, perhaps an outpatient program can help and withdrawal could be done at home. If it really is 40 at a time, your son belongs in a medical detox center.

I hope he recognizes the problem and does all he can to seek help. Looks like a full blown, serious addiction issue.

Best of luck
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User
Re: Dihydrocodeine

thank you for your reply its 40 in one go and he want to come and live with us to try and detox i thought this would be very hard with no medical help so as you can see i am very scared he had been to varias doctors but because its not herion the say he is not a junkie (sorry about the word)and they cant help hinm in any way i live in england but my son lives in scotland also i think these drugs are opium based it was the doctor who put him on them at the start and that was about 20 years ago and i know you do build a tollernce to them

Closed Thread