It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
(male)

AntibioticMSer HB User
New to the Board

Hi Everyone,

I don't have MS, but my wife does. I'd gladly swap legs with her if I thought it would help, I want so much for her to be rid of this illness. She is mostly upbeat about it, but I'm sure you know there are down times too. I'm an obsessive compulsive accountant and I've never done well with grey areas. There is a stereotype about accountants being all 1's or 0's, I'm kinda like that. But, I've actually got a sense of humor, something not ordinarily associated with accountants. When I started working as an accountant (I don't tell short stories btw - I like details ) I did a lot of tax research on IRS issues. I actually enjoyed reading all the rules and court cases in an effort to get to a supportable answer. I didn't know years ago, how important that skill would be.

So I don't do tax research anymore. I am consumed with multiple sclerosis research. I have spent hours upon hours reading about cytokines, Th-1&2, IFN's, macrophages and antigen presentation. I don't take the word of the neurologist as the final say and I've now learned that the neurologist is limited in scope as I was not all knowledgeable about tax law. The funny difference is that I was capable to telling my clients that I didn't know, but I would research it and get back to them. I've never heard of such a neurologist. Anyway, I'm trying to say I'm out to beat this MS thing and I've been in a relentless search for ways to help Kim for years.

Peace and Blessings, Ken

Last edited by Administrator; 08-25-2009 at 04:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Newbie Couldn't find the Welcome Board

Welcome to the "Welcome Board". It is generally easier to give a shout out when you begin, but no worries. There are many neurologists. Along life's journey you may indeed find one who meets and exceeds your expectations. I was lucky enough to meet two. My first one is now in charge of Medicine for Taiwan and the second was his replacement. I find my 6 month check-ups's to be a high point where I can freely query her and she either knows or will let me know. Being med free, she has found many of my coping strategies to be useful to pass on to her other patients. As my favorite teacher used to say: if you stop learning, you have to stop teaching.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 08-25-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
(male)

AntibioticMSer HB User
Re: Newbie Couldn't find the Welcome Board

Hi MSJayHawk,
I can see that it's going to take me a while, if I get that far, to learn what I can and cannot say on the boards. I now have posting anxiety. Is there a board for that?
Ken

Closed Thread