It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
(female)

boodle2 HB Userboodle2 HB User
Nephew taking horrible advantage of my Mother

My Nephew is 16 years old and is alot of trouble, he lives with my elderly Mother who refuses to make him grow up, he leaves crap all over the floor doesn't do anything to help her , brings home kids all hours of the night, has his friends living there also , I and my siblings feel there is nothing we can do about it because she won't tell him to leave and we are her main caregivers. Does anyone know if there is someone we can call who can make him leave? He has worn out his welcome every place else he has stayed! He won't go to school and of course the law can't (or won't) make him go, so she gives him money all the time. Oh and did I mention he has an anger problem, so her safety is a huge concern!! Any help or advise would greatly be appreciated!

Old 02-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Nephew taking horrible advantage of my Mother

Where is his mom and dad?

You might find a senior abuse office in your city. Call your city government and ask if they have such or can guide you to help.

My sister raised her grandson and allowed him to walk all over her, it is not a pretty site and it only gets worse as time goes by. He took her to the cleaners, made debts in her name immediately after leaning she had terminal cancer. What a mess with her meager estate and all those debts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #3
(female)

boodle2 HB Userboodle2 HB User
Re: Nephew taking horrible advantage of my Mother

Who knows where Dad is, and Mom is in same town but he doesn't want to stay with her, so grandma with her big heart says yes, you can move in with me and she refuses to see what he does and he is not made to follow any rules! mind you my Mother is 82 years old and still, for the most part, in her right mind, so there is very little we can do. The thing that really gets me is she would not of put up with this kind of stuff from I and my siblings who are her children! We feel very helpless. thanks for responding

Closed Thread