It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
(female)

Lynne720 HB User
At my wits end!

Now what do I do? I took my boyfriend to the hospital last sunday for stomach pain and they kept him till Friday and couldn't find anything wrong. Its Sunday and he is in more pain than when we went there last week and I don't know what to do next. The stomach doc. couldn't find anything and gave us the name of a dr at another hospital that might be able to help but he is in too much pain to wait for an appointment. He doesn't sleep well which affects me now. I have no help. We aren't members of a temple or church. Our neighbors aren't friendly. My dad is in the hospital. My sister's husband has cancer. Very little family and they aren't understanding anyway. My insurance would probably cover home care but thats not what he needs. He still doesnt' even have a diagnosis for all his problems which are much more than stomach related. I can't cope. I hate my job. My boss is horrible to me. I want to quit so bad but I need the money and the benefits. I have no one to vent to. Remember when you laugh the world laughs with you, when you cry , you cry alone and its the darn truth. No one wants to be around people that aren't happy and always sick. I need to find support for me and I've tried but no luck. Now we argue because tempers are short when you are in pain. I feel like I keep making mistakes since he continues to suffer and he looks to me for help since he doesn't have anyone else. There has to be an answer for this. I never thought for a minute that he would be in this much pain. The meds don't help. His pain doctors don't help much. They try and treat the pain but they never look for the reason and nothing works. He has tried everything. I never though we would end up this way. I am so lost right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
(female)

Maneka5* HB User
Re: At my wits end!

Hi there,
you sound like you need a break honey. Its terrible that you are on your own coping with this, but you have to find time to take care of yourself, or you will be no good for anyone else. First things first, get a good nights sleep! Life is damn hard enough without looking at it from a sleep deprived angle.
I assume since they kept your partner in hosp for 5 days that they did all the usual scopes and scans? ...and found nothing? Maybe he has a condition like spastic colon...i know this can be very painful and comes on at times of stress especially. I had it years ago and boy did i have to learn quickly how to relax!! If you are worried abt him then take him right back, better to be safe than sorry, but stand back and look at the situation first...get out and clear your head bcs right now you're in the thick of things and ye maybe just rubbing off eachother?

Closed Thread