It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2010, 06:46 AM   #1
(female)

stopNHa HB User
My father

My dad is about 1,000 miles away from my mom and I and now in a safe nursing home. He was recently admitted to a VA hospital from his previous nursing home , the way he presented in the VA emergency room was awful. Among many issues , he had an infestation of maggots in an infection that was not properly being cared for. The nursing home told me that this was my dad's fault because he went outside to smoke. After further investigation I find that the nursing home told the state that my dad was combative and refused dressing changes. The case was referred as abuse/neglect by the VA hospital and my dad's condition was severe enough that they halted their contract with this facility and my father is now in a dementia unit in VA nursing home and the VA has been amazing while dealing with my father , he is no longer combative and getting the proper medication. He is doing far better now. Due to financial issues
my mother and I cannot get to where he is to visit him. This is heartbreaking for
our family. There will be various news articles about this soon that have made it to the editors desk. < edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 09-11-2010 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Negative comments about specific professionals removed.

Closed Thread