It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2011, 01:12 AM   #1
(female)

nanette70 HB User
feel like my heart is pounding outside my chest

im going through what will most certainly be the hardest point of my life. the only thing that i could possibly think could be worse is losing a child. my sister is dying of ALS /lou gherrigs disease. and the only ppl willing to help with her are me and her husband. i just cant understand why more family isnt willing to step up.....we've asked and the answer i got is why should more ppl be stressed out by this situation. we should just put her in a nursing home and get back to our lives.....i cant believe that these ppl that call themselves her friends and family just want to put her in a nursing home so they feel better. are you f ing kidding me...she has 1-2 yrs left...she wants to be in her own home...why cant they help fulfill that wish???? why cant the help?? i'm so frustrated and overwhelmed and i'm sure its worse for her and her husband. i dont get these ppl??? are they human? she has a son and other sisters... 2 mothers..one biological one adopted. a biolical father??? where are they???

Old 03-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
(female)

abbigaill2 HB User
Re: feel like my heart is pounding outside my chest

I am so sorry for what is happening to you. I am looking after my husband at home, alone. My family does not live near us, nor does his. We are coping as best we can. I do hope you find the support you need if not from family and friends then possibly a support group near you or a church affiliate. I have learned the hard way to accept help. My neighbor has offered to come in and stay while I go get groceries etc... I find getting out for a few minutes even helps me. Prayers for you and yours
Abbi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #3
(female)

idsweetie72 HB User
Re: feel like my heart is pounding outside my chest

Feeling angry over what is certaintly desertion of the other family memeber would a be horrid blow to you, your sis, and her hubby. While I am unfamiliar with the disease- I am quite sure that being in her own home surrounded by her treasures would be far more beneficial to your sister. What I don't know or understand is the attitude of the other family members- I hope that something opens their eyes and hearts and they become more involved- when she's gone it'll be too late

Reply Reply