It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #16
(female)

LessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB User
Re: caregiver job for parapalegic advice

He won't sign my final payroll sheet unless I "compensate" him $500.00 for "messing" with food items in his fridge. (He is not senile, he is 30yrs. old)
Or I can go with him to the FBI and cooperate with him and file charges against a man I don't know saying I was molested as a child. Then, he will sign my payroll sheet. Otherwise, I can forget getting paid for my last two weeks of work.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

pupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB User

Contact legal aid in your area and file a small claims suit.

It's the only was you can get the $$ and he doesn't deserve to keep it.

Actually the $$ probably comes from medicaid in "aid and attendance $" if he doesn't pay you he will be committing fraud and lose his benefits- try telling him that in a noterized letter- he will freak!

Pup

The Following User Says Thank You to pupcake For This Useful Post:
LessStress38 (08-10-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #18
(female)

LessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB User

Just to follow up on my post... I did contact the labor board to see if the paperwork I filed was processed. Basically, they said there were many, many cases like mine because of mental illness patients. They are not at all at risk of losing any benefits because there are so many laws protecting their rights. So... the kind gentleman, suggested I try again, on my own, to get my former employer to sign my "two weeks worth of work" time sheet. I called my former boss two days in a row with no response, called the payroll company, to see if maybe he was, indeed in the hospital. Yup, It was about 3 weeks after I was fired, I guess he's been in the hospital ever since, now another month has went by. I called his Mom. She is hoping he is well enough to sign them this week coming. What a long story! I wouldn't mind working for him again. It was so unexpected to be fired. But my husband is too worried he may have an episode again and it may be worse? My heart goes out to those who suffer those hidden illnesses. We can see an injury, but an internal illness is tricky.
I was sure to tell his Mom all the good things about my experience. How he could accomplish so much with such little help from me. He endured a lot. He is very strong. She should be very proud of him.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #19
(female)

Last post on this thread for me

He called me and finally signed my time sheet.
He ended up going in hospital (mental health) three weeks after I was fired and he is still there. Not sure how well he is. I'm sad for him, but glad to get paid. At least it is resolved. Even if it is a couple months late...

(The day after he signed, we discovered our brakes needed repair!Good timing!)

Reply Reply