It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
(female)

WA-gal HB User
Urine drug test

On Sunday I hurt my back and was in excruciating pain. Ambulance had to take me ER because I couldn't walk. In the half hour ride I was given four doses of dilauded. I have an extremely high tolerance for pain meds. The dr prescriped naproxen, 5/500 vicoden and cyclobenzapine. I took the vicodin sunday night, all day Monday (not through the night) and a couple Tuesday morning. I know my limits with it and the directed dose wasn't touchin the pain so I took more throughout the day so that I could stay ahead of the pain.

Tuesday afternoon I had a drug test for my new job. Of course it came up with vicodin - I gave them the prescription. Because of the positve result the test had to be sent to the lab and verified. My understanding is that they also test how much is in the system. Something about 2000 ng.

I'm worried that it will show up too high. However, I'm not taking it anymore but I was taking it prior to my first day. I have a prescription as well.

I'm worried that if the number is above 2000 they will let me go. Anyone able to calm my nerves?

Old 08-24-2012, 01:55 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Urine drug test

Quote:
Originally Posted by klhurley View Post
I'm worried that if the number is above 2000 they will let me go. Anyone able to calm my nerves?
Hello klhurley

It's times like this that you must try to stay positive.

A wise person once told me that worrying is like a bathtub filling with water.Eventually it will overflow,unless someone turns it off.

Is this a union job?
Please realize that you are in control of certain aspects
Begin formulating a best case/worse case scenario.

You should contact your prescribing physician and explain your reason for taking more than directed.

Get in front of this situation.
Even if the test shows significant amounts,it will be up to you,in order to provide an explanation.

Things have a way of working out for the best and I believe that no matter the results,you'll be able to weather this and any other potential storm.

One thing in your favor is that you can provide proof of when the script was filled and at this point it would be way too early for anyone to accuse you of abusing drugs,unless there is a prior history of such.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 08-24-2012 at 01:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply