It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
(male)

texas10 HB User
Need True Advocate for Patient

My Uncle fell and broke his arm. At his age this is serious and is compounded by the care he has received from his LTC state provider, and the various medical facilities attending to him. Initially, his caregiver hours were held up and he was unattended when he fell. When confronted the agency stated they were "ready to help him now".

I traveled to his house to find him in a nursing/rehab center. They asked me to help them as his doctors were being difficult. Seems they checked him out of the hospital without fixing his arm and forgot about him. The rehab center was doing physical therapy on his arm. No wonder he complained they were hurting him. He was given vicodin for the pain.

I got him all new doctors and they operated on his arm. Of course there were complications. He is now back in the same rehab center and has lost 40 skilled nursing days due to the screw ups. Plus, the hospital says they used all of his medicare hospital days. And his community based assistance has expired. They will soon be garnishing his social security which will cause him to lose his house and his dog. His new doctor is concerned one more problem and he could lose his life!

Every time I talk to an agency, case manager or social worker I hope for assistance. What I see them doing is going back and covering for the facilities and government agencies. They come back with b.s. explanations or at best "we are thinking of him now".

Is there an advocate, non profit or agency that will assist the patient? I'm thinking his story would be good warning on what is coming with socialized medicine. Any reporters out there?

Thanks for your help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply