It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
(male)

olsoneagle HB Userolsoneagle HB User
Question Had 2 epidural injections from contaminated vials

HI new to this forum. I have been active on the back and bladder cancer forums. Have a question regarding the meningitis outbreak. I had 2 epidural injections from one of the Michigan clinics involved. They have called me to see how I feel etc. My injections were one in early Aug and one on the 26th.
Feeling fine. I am currently haveing bladder cancer treatments called BCGs which fill your bladder with live tuberculosis!! I have one a week for 6 weeks. Have had 2 with 4 to go. This treatment weakens the immune system.
So what I would like to know is this--did all the people who were injected have the meningitis put in them and only a few got sick-OR- did only a few vials have the meningitis and all those people got sick???
If I got lucky and the vials I got were fine I have no worries. However if I was injected with the meningitis and my immune system is weak I may be at much higher risk! I also understand there is a Tuberculosis Meningitis!! They are putting tuberculossis in my bladder!!! Is this a risk? Should I stop my bladder treatments until I am out of the woods?
Sure hope someone on this board can give me some answers. Thanks much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
(female)

Donna022 HB UserDonna022 HB UserDonna022 HB UserDonna022 HB UserDonna022 HB User
Re: Had 2 epidural injections from contaminated vials

I think you should get some REAL answers other than on these boards. There are some VERY informed people that have life experiences to share...but in this case....go to the source!! Talk to your doctor that did the injection, talk to the source of the meds in the injection, and best suggestion yet is make a call to the CDC!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply