It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #1
(female)

revgirlstyle HB User
Can't find my dad a home

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, but I'm pretty desperate right now and google isn't helping much...

My dad has really bad credit (foreclosure/two judgements) and because of this, no assisted living/independent living/senior home will take him in. To top it off, he can't apply for low income senior homes because his social security income/military income is too high.

I don't understand what he's supposed to do. My dad is currently living in the middle of nowhere in Tennessee with his brother who hates him, and he is miserable. If no place will take him because of his credit, but he can't do low income housing, where is he supposed to go when he really needs help? He would be fine with an independent living senior home right now, but he is going on 75 and has health problems. Even a regular apartment wouldn't take him because of his credit..

I guess what I'm asking is if anyone knows of any resources that might help my dad's situation, or if anyone has an idea of what my dad should do. I unfortunately can't take him in because of my living situation, and he has no other family besides his brother. I need to get my dad out of the middle of nowhere...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
(female)

cherie57 HB User
Re: Can't find my dad a home

Have you contacted a Social Worker to see if they can answer any ?'s or talked with his Dr to see if he/she could help?
Good Luck.........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Can't find my dad a home

Yes, does the county where he lives have a Senior Citizens office or Office on Aging...something along those lines? I'd start there. And the country health department may have some suggestions as well. Also, you might talk with the VA. they have facilities as well and also programs that may help

Reply Reply