It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board

carpal question

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2016, 12:51 PM   #1
aldean
(male)

aldean HB User
carpal question

10 years ago, my friend started having hand problems.
She was diagnosed with carpel, and had an operation.
The operation did nothing. Other doctors checked and said the surgeon had done the operation correctly.
Now, both her of hands have the same problem. She no longer plays the violin or paints.
Surgery doesn't seem to work. Therapy helps a little.
Can anything be done?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2017, 09:40 PM   #2
misty073
(female)

misty073 HB User
Re: carpal question

Are they sure it was carple tunnel? I thought for sure I had it but test came back neg. turns out I get a pinched nerve somewhere in my back. When it gets bad I go to the chiropractor a few times and then I'm good for about a year.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:32 AM   #3
teteri66
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

Has she had a MRI of the cervical spine? She most likely has some cervical nerve compression.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:44 AM   #4
rose4me
(female)

rose4me HB Userrose4me HB User

Also many musicians have repetitive stress syndrome or RSS. Not all musicians have it, so one has to look at the unique physical makeup of each person affected. It is difficult to give up a beloved and stress relieving activity, such as playing a musical instrument. Sometimes the time off is years and then your body has an opportunity to heal and move forward, other times it simply changes the way things are done. No one wants to hear that they have to change anything that they are doing, but sometimes life and circumstances alter us in ways that we adapt to. Keep a positive outlook and seek more than one medical opinion if possible. and do the MRI - cervical compression is often the culprit.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-10-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Closed Thread