It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2004, 12:39 PM   #1

cfischer HB User
Unhappy Tendonitis of pinky finger!

Hello everyone. Maybe you can help me. For the past 8 weeks or so, I have had pain (and a loss of range motion as a result) in my pinky finger. It came about when my hands were particularly busy, doing jewelry work, painting, other art projects, and working on the computer all day.

The orthopedist first thought it might be an ulner nerve problem, but after testing and my finger swelling up to twice its normal size he concluded it was tendonitis. I opted for a cortisone shot which for this type of tendonitis is supposed to have an 80% success rate...but for me there was no success. The orthopedist was not too clear on what else I could do besides.

He has me stretch my fingers, curling them into my palm, 5 times a day to avoid getting stiffness in my fingers. It hurts, and I wonder if it aggrevates my condition.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to help this? They say rest, but how do you rest your pinky? I use it throughout the day, didn't realize how much til now! Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Old 06-11-2004, 07:24 PM   #2

John Woo HB User
Re: Tendonitis of pinky finger!

Its kind of hard to tell.. what else hurts? Does your wrist hurt? Thumbs? Both pinky's or just one? Because when u say your pinky hurts, mine hurts too but ive got sore wrists & thumbs also. & sore kneck & shoulders. If u want to know what to do, visit a chiropracter & a physiotherapists, they should be able to help because alot of doctors dont really know nuffin about this sort of thing. I heard most of 'em havent got the training to to properly guide you, thats what chiro's & physio's are for! Hope that kind of helped.

Last edited by John Woo; 06-11-2004 at 07:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread