It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2004, 10:19 PM   #1

John Woo HB User
Whats the difference between Ulnar Nervel Entrapment & CTS?

Please tell whats the difference between Ulnar Nerve Entrapment & CTS? & can CTS affect the knees aswell? What do u think i may have? Sore wrists, thumbs, Kneck, shoulders & knee joints. Please try to answer, any help is appreciated. P.S. Can Glocosomane Sulfate help CTS?

Old 06-12-2004, 08:11 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lidia09 HB User
Cool Re: Whats the difference between Ulnar Nervel Entrapment & CTS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Woo
Please tell whats the difference between Ulnar Nerve Entrapment & CTS? & can CTS affect the knees aswell? What do u think i may have? Sore wrists, thumbs, Kneck, shoulders & knee joints. Please try to answer, any help is appreciated. P.S. Can Glocosomane Sulfate help CTS?
Hi John Woo
CTS affects the median nerve which runs from your neck down to your thumb, index, middle & part of your ring fingers. Ulnar Nerve entrapment or Cubital Tunnel Syndrome affects the ulnar nerve which also runs from the neck but supplies your ring & pinky fingers.

The Carpal Tunnel is a group of bones at the wrist. The ligament across the wrist gets thickened & traps the median nerve. In Cubital Tunnel the ulnar nerve gets trapped at the elbow. While your shoulder, neck, wrist & thumb problems could all be connected, I don't think there's a link between CTS/CUTS & the knees. There could be other conditions which affect all those parts though, so best get some tests done at the docs.

I think glucosamine is more designed to help with arthritis than CTS but maybe someone else knows more about that. Vitamin B6 & Bromelain & Papain are good for CTS though. Bromelain is a great natural anti-inflammatory found in fresh pineapple.

Hope I've helped answered some of your questions.
Best wishes.
Lidia

The Following User Says Thank You to lidia09 For This Useful Post:
tngirl07 (11-10-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2004, 01:33 PM   #3

John Woo HB User
Re: Whats the difference between Ulnar Nervel Entrapment & CTS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lidiajamjar
Hi John Woo
CTS affects the median nerve which runs from your neck down to your thumb, index, middle & part of your ring fingers. Ulnar Nerve entrapment or Cubital Tunnel Syndrome affects the ulnar nerve which also runs from the neck but supplies your ring & pinky fingers.

The Carpal Tunnel is a group of bones at the wrist. The ligament across the wrist gets thickened & traps the median nerve. In Cubital Tunnel the ulnar nerve gets trapped at the elbow. While your shoulder, neck, wrist & thumb problems could all be connected, I don't think there's a link between CTS/CUTS & the knees. There could be other conditions which affect all those parts though, so best get some tests done at the docs.

I think glucosamine is more designed to help with arthritis than CTS but maybe someone else knows more about that. Vitamin B6 & Bromelain & Papain are good for CTS though. Bromelain is a great natural anti-inflammatory found in fresh pineapple.

Hope I've helped answered some of your questions.
Best wishes.
Lidia
Thanx for ya help Lidia! What are the EMG's like? Do they hurt or just feel uncomfortable? & have people with these conditions fully recovered by going to physio's, chiro's & massage therapists? I ask because i want to heal in more "natural ways" other the surgery! Thanx alot & i hope u can help further (any answers by anyone would be much appreciated!)

Old 06-14-2004, 03:33 PM   #4

KShortie HB User

Hi. I had an EMG of both arms done about 12 years ago. I tested positive for carpal tunnel of both wrists and ulnar neuropathy of the right elbow. The test is done by using electroshocks to gauge the degree of damage to the nerves. It looks kind of like an EKG readout, the higher the peaks go the better the nerve, the lower the more damage. It kind of feels like the shock you get when you rub your feet on the carpet and then touch something metal. The anticipation after a few shocks bothered me, but the pain was not really that bad. My carpal tunnel and ulnar neuropathy both fully disappeared after I had stopped doing what was causing the problem (typing at work). After I stayed home for about 3-4 years they both completely went away and I've had no further problem. But, at the time the hand surgeon recommended no surgery unless I had to because concerning the ulnar neuropathy he couldn't guarantee I would have full feeling in my fingers afterwards. He had me wear a knee support (hard pad) over my elbow with the pad on the inside to keep my arm in complete extension while I slept at night and that seemed to really help the neuropathy.

Old 06-16-2004, 04:28 PM   #5

John Woo HB User

Thanx alot Kshortie for ya awesome words of wisdom! I REALLY am scared of any surgery & truly believe in more natural ways of healing, & your stories really is a positive one in my opinion! Have u been able to fo the stuff u used to fo just as well now? & did u start excersising after to strenthen your nerves & stuff? & how long did u have it b4 you got an EMG? Thanx, & i hope u can answer these questions Kshortie! Peace John.

Closed Thread