It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2004, 12:19 AM   #1

DarkHelmet HB User
Exclamation Carpel Tunnel Syndrome: Early stages

I thought I should post this, as it is a somewhat encouraging story.

I am 19 and was recently on the recieving end of the very early stages of CTS. I spend a great deal of time on the computer, so this was not exactly shocking to me. When I first felt it, it was kind of a wake-up call. I spent $12 on an ergonomic (split) keyboard and bought a wrist brace (from wal-mart). I only bought one, because only one wrist was really bothering me.

The ergonomic keyboard took some getting used to, but I found that after I had used it for a few hours, I got very used to it. In fact, I even gained 5 words/minute over my previous typing speed. In addition, the wrist brace on my left wrist helped to create a new typing habit where I kept my wrists very straight. Amazingly, only having one wrist forced straight made me keep my other wrist straight as well. In addition I had a magnetic wristband lying around, and I took that wristband and put it on whichever wrist was bothering me at the time. By simply taking these precautions, I have reversed the condition entirely.

I realize this will not work for those in advanced stages, but if you can catch it early, you can fix it w/o surgery.

JM

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
if you have fybromyalgia and carpel tunnel syndrome will the carpal tunnel show up in Rueanne38 Fibromyalgia 1 12-01-2007 06:21 AM
what is the difference bet carpel tunnel and rsd on hands? numbing hands Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) 6 07-29-2007 08:29 PM
Anybody with carpel tunnel Syndrome??? Mlouisa TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint 3 09-01-2006 03:52 AM
Servere Carpel Tunnel tammys Carpal Tunnel Syndrome 7 06-16-2006 10:46 AM
Is there a connection DDD/Thoracic/Carpel tunnel fabrick Back Problems 4 05-12-2006 03:16 AM