It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2005, 08:45 AM   #1
(male)

Nigel HB User
Does this happen to anyone else with cubital tunnel syndrome

I have cubital tunnel syndrome and had it bad now for about a year and waiting to be opperated on, my question is that my fingers on my hand keep locking up bad on it now is this due to it getting worst does anyone suffer with the same sort of thing??

Love to hear from anyone who does

Kind Regards Nigel

Old 01-31-2005, 02:19 AM   #2
(female)

chipples HB User
Re: Does this happen to anyone else with cubital tunnel syndrome

I have carpal tunnel and also "trigger fingers". Yes, my fingers and thumb lock up and I have difficulty manipulating my hands. They are numb and tingle too. Unfortunately, this is primarily in my left hand and I am left handed. My right arm has an injury caused at birth so I have little use of it or my right hand.

My doctor tried cortisone shots at first and they helped for a while. But I no longer get the extended relief as I did at first.

My mom also had problems with both hands and had multiple surgeries on them. I would say her hands are better for the most part but she has troubles on occasion.

Surgery has been recommended to me as well but I am really concerned about it. My concern is how I will get thru the daily personal issues (such as using the bathroom) since I really only have my left hand to use and thats the one that needs surgery. I hope you have 2 good hands LOL

Other than that, I would probably have the surgery if your hands have gotten that bad. These are pretty common surgeries nowadays.

I wish you the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2005, 03:36 AM   #3
(male)

Nigel HB User

Thanks for your reply,
it may also have something to do with when I was at work 5 years ago I cut my nerve and tendon in that hand pritty bad had to spend the night in hospital to have them repaired and I now do have a lump on that area as well my doctor thinks its something beging with a g can't remember and plus with my cubital tunnel syndrome my hand is pretty knacked lucky I'm right handed as this is in my left,

I hope soon there be able to do the opp and get me sorted

Cheers Nigel

Old 02-06-2005, 05:00 PM   #4

Beagle lover HB User

I thought i was the only one who's hands lock up. After I type for a short while my hands lock up and can't move them the pain is so bad. I have to go soak my hands in hot water in the sink for relief. I'm sorry you have the problem but must admit I'm glad to find someone else with the same complaint.

Old 02-07-2005, 12:57 AM   #5
(male)

Nigel HB User

thanks for your reply, I also have started to think that I was also the only one this happen to, I have had it now for over three years at first is was just now and then but as my nerve damage in my arm got worst so has the locking of my hand, I'm due for my opp soon as I have now been waiting nearly a year so hopefully it will all be sorted out

Regards Nigel

Old 02-16-2005, 12:20 AM   #6
(female)

bluiidmngr HB User

Wow! I had written somewhere here about my fingers locking. Finally, maybe I'm not crazy then! My middle and ring finger have been locking on me often. It just started. I have carpal and cubital tunnel in my left. I have an STT fusion in my right hand, so use my left hand almost as if I'm left handed. Causing problems. My numbness has been constant for a year and a half. Stuck in comp. I won, they appealed and just found out Sat. that I won the appeal (my lawyer and I). Hopefully, they will not try and take it to the appelate. Now awaiting surgery (surgeries). Anyway. I'm sorry you all have the finger locking problem, but am glad I'm not crazy. Thanx and good luck to everyone.

Old 02-17-2005, 07:04 AM   #7
(female)

lotusgdess HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel
I have cubital tunnel syndrome and had it bad now for about a year and waiting to be opperated on, my question is that my fingers on my hand keep locking up bad on it now is this due to it getting worst does anyone suffer with the same sort of thing??

Love to hear from anyone who does

Kind Regards Nigel
Nigel: This sounds like trigger finger to me. I had it in both thumbs. A minor operation can fix it, & then special stretching exercises prevent more occurences I think.
Kathy

Old 02-25-2005, 10:44 PM   #8
(female)

leesa123 HB User

I don't know what I have, you can read my symptoms under the post titled, "what is this". But, my fingers also clench up, not that I can't move them. but in a relaxed state, they curl up into I guess, a "claw" would be the best description. I don't know if I have capral tunnel or not, if so, I'm sure it is in an advanced state because I have had it for about ten years.

Old 02-25-2005, 10:56 PM   #9
(female)

leesa123 HB User

I am not sure what cubital tunnel is, and I'm not sure what I have. You can read my symptoms under, "what is this" However, my fingers clench up,usually during the day when the pain subsides. I can still move them, but in a resting state, they will curl up into , I guess you would call it a "claw". But like I said, with me. or at least when i notice this, is when I am not using the hand.

Closed Thread