It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2005, 12:12 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Location: Minnesota, just moved from California where I lived my whole life.
polarized13 HB User
Carpal Tunnel can go away all by itself!!

I had carpal tunnel 13 years ago. I was a medical billing clerk, and on the computer all day. I had the numbness, the shooting pain, the whole bit. I was told by the doctor who treated me, that the ONLY way to make it go away was to have surgery.

I decided to change my occupation instead. I had the insurance company send me back to school, and I avoided the keyboard for a while. I just went away. Haven't had a problem since. The whole thing lasted for about a year.

By the way, I got an attorney, and that made all the difference. I don't think I would have gotten much of anything at all if I hadn't. If you have a work comp case, and you don't get one, they will totally take advantage of you.

Just a little inspiration to those of you who are wondering how to treat your C.T.S.

I don't know if they still do the nerve test, I think they call it a nerve induction test or something like that. Where they stick a needle in the palm of your hand and shock you to see if you are "faking it", but that is sadistic. I've had two kids, and that nerve test hurt one heck of a lot more. Avoid it if you can!!

good luck to all of you...

Old 03-19-2005, 08:20 AM   #2
(female)

lotusgdess HB User
Re: Carpal Tunnel can go away all by itself!!

Definitely agree with you about getting an attorney. The nerve test though is the only definitive test to tell not that you are faking it but that the pain you are experiencing is from a nerve that is entrapped at some point along your hand/elbow/shoulder/neck quadrant. Tendonitis can be extremely painfrul & mimic many of the symptoms of CTS but surgery won't fix it. Yeah it's a gnarly test, but when your pain is severe enough you'll undergo anything in the hope of a cure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread