It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2001, 05:13 PM   #1

Carol HB User
Question cold hands after surgery

Has anyone else experienced having cold hands all the time or being sensitive to the cold weather or hot water? My hands are always cold and they are very sensitive if I am doing the dishes and the water is too hot..I'm not talking scalding, just hot.......I had the surgery on both hands.

Old 12-20-2003, 07:06 AM   #2

hwells HB User
Re: cold hands after surgery

[/FONT][COLOR=Indigo]I had bilateral carpal tunnel release surgery on both hands in August 2002. Although the "normal" symtoms of carpal tunnel are gone, I too experience extreme sensitivity to hot and cold on both my hands! I can hardly stand to go out on a cold day! Its not that my hands just get cold or hot, it is a very painful experience for me... to the point where i would rate the pain at a 9 on a scale of 1-10. Is this associated with nerve damage I wonder? I am no longer under a doctors care therefore I cannot refer my questions to my surgeon. You are not alone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol
Has anyone else experienced having cold hands all the time or being sensitive to the cold weather or hot water? My hands are always cold and they are very sensitive if I am doing the dishes and the water is too hot..I'm not talking scalding, just hot.......I had the surgery on both hands.
[FONT=Arial]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2003, 07:26 AM   #3

sus HB User
Re: cold hands after surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol
Hello, sorry for your pain. I've had surgery on both hands.Since surgery is close to the main nerve bundle for the hand is not uncommon for the nerves to experience some abuse . Also the longer you have let CTS go before surgery the longer it takes for the nerves to recover. Nerves recoup slowly. I wouldn't hesistate to see a neurologist if the problem continues.

Closed Thread