It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2003, 03:26 AM   #1

pibiller HB User
Question Pain in forearms, is this carpal tunnel?

I have been having more and more pain in my fore arms. Sometimes it gets so bad I can't do my work. My hands get a "*****ly" feeling but they don't actually go numb. The pain is actually an aching feeling. I get it when I am typing, driving, even just sitting down at times I get it. I can't open anything anymore because I don't have the strength to do it. The strange thing is is that I get this same pain in my legs too. So I don't know what it could be.

Old 04-14-2003, 10:30 PM   #2

Sweet Pea HB User
Sounds like a blood flow problem. Had the same thing with lots of pain down left side of my body. Investigate thoracic outlet syndrome and compare symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2003, 12:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
Where on the forearm is the ache? if it is on the side of the pinky finger running up the arm it could be ulnar nerve entrapment, as for the legs you could have pinched nerve in the L3 or L4 level. I have the nerve entrapment and carpal tunnel, surgery is on the 28th of this month, so I know all about the pain in forearm.

Old 04-18-2003, 04:43 AM   #4

pibiller HB User
Thanks NancyH

The pain I feel is actually about half way down my forearm on the underside and it radiates there. It sometimes is in my wrists but most of the time it's in my forearms. How do you find out about the leg pain. I have had pain in the middle of my back. Actually it's a continuous dull ache. Sometimes it gets bad especially if I've been sitting for a long time. Walking will bring on more pain too but it's not bad enough to stop. I notice it most when I am lying in bed because I can only sleep on my back. When I sleep on my side I have pain in my hips. I cannot handle having my husband put his arm around me for to long while I'm lying down because it feels as though that part of me is falling asleep and it can be painful at times and the same is true for my legs. I would appreciate any suggestions or comments on this. Thanks!

Old 04-23-2003, 04:41 PM   #5

deephile HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by pibiller:
I have been having more and more pain in my fore arms. Sometimes it gets so bad I can't do my work. My hands get a "*****ly" feeling but they don't actually go numb. The pain is actually an aching feeling. I get it when I am typing, driving, even just sitting down at times I get it. I can't open anything anymore because I don't have the strength to do it. The strange thing is is that I get this same pain in my legs too. So I don't know what it could be.
I have lumbar and cervical stenosis if you have insurance tell your doc you want an MRI--Mine started in my legs then noticed symptoms you describe in my arms and alot of weakness anyway I'd try that or nerve conduction test to make sure. Good Luck

Old 05-11-2003, 08:24 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
Get the tests done so they know what the originating damage is at. Iknow with my lumbar stenosis my legs ache especially the hips, carpal tunnel symptoms can also originate in the cervical as well as the wrist. I had so many tests but it sure gives lots of info.

Old 05-23-2003, 11:12 PM   #7
(female)

MMT1963 HB User
Cool

Sounds like CTS to me
Go see an orthopedic Dr..I had the same symptoms and I have CTS. Had surgery Tuesday Went great. Good luck

Old 05-23-2003, 11:13 PM   #8
(female)

MMT1963 HB User
Cool

Sounds like CTS to me
Go see an orthopedic Dr..I had the same symptoms and I have CTS. Had surgery Tuesday Went great. Good luck

Closed Thread