It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2003, 07:19 AM   #1

asdfasdfasdf HB User
Post tickling sensation of index finger

if you bend your hand back, you know how those 3 things kind of come out behind the knuckle, one for each finger? well, the index finger one tickles when i make a typing or clicking motion with it, it has come on mostly in the past week, i'm a computer programmer, i'm 16, so i've typed a LOT. i grabbed an old goldfish bag and stuck it behind the keyboard and mouse as a wrist rest, will that help? could this be carpal tunnel? if it is, i NEED to stop it, i like programming a lot and i want to do it when i grow up, but getting carpal tunnel now would kinda screw that up. i just realized though, i started riding my bike to my summer job, could the bike's brakes have anything to do with it? it would coincide with the timing i guess.

the bike's brakes really suck, i have to squeeze them very hard to get any stopping to happen.

come on, goldfish bag...

also, if i rest my head on my hand laying on my side, like propping my head up with it it starts to tingle after a while, but it goes away in 10 seconds after i stop propping my head up with it. don't know if that matters or not

yet another thing that i remembered is that lately its been really cold where i spend most of my time (programming), around 65 degrees. i like it that way, i've never had a problem with it before, but could it have anything to do with it?

[This message has been edited by asdfasdfasdf (edited 06-25-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2003, 04:51 PM   #2

baker459 HB User
Your bike could be contributing to the problem. You maybe experiencing vibration from the bike riding that is causing your symptom. Take a break from it for a week or so and see if it helps.

Closed Thread