It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2003, 07:16 AM   #1

gobfuse HB User
Question How Long Were You off Work after Surgery?

I am due to have carpal tunnel surgery on my right (******nt) hand in November. I work in an office, in an administrative job which involves lots of computer work and filing, etc.

How long do you guys think, or have you been off from work after your surgery? I welcome comments from people too who work in offices or admin jobs.

Just wondering!

Thanks,

Julie

Old 10-08-2003, 07:30 AM   #2
(female)

Mo7609 HB User
Julie,
I had my surgery in May of 2001 on both hands. I was a hairdresser for 13 years and was manager of the store so there was alot of hands on and paper work that I did. I didn't return back to full duty until November but was put on light duty from September on. Light as in counting inventory going to meetings ect. After being back at work for 9 months I was taken off of work again for the same thing and had to retrain through workers comp. My hands are much better now tht I on't cut hair all day long but I miss it! Mine isn't the typical case though and most people have been able to go back to work no problems. Good luck to you! Mo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2003, 12:51 AM   #3

micamouse1 HB User
Smile

Hi Julie!

I had surgery on my right hand on August 28. I'm an Admin. Asst. for the President of my company. I've been off of work since that date. I am going to my doctor on Monday for a follow up visit. I've been in therapy for the last 3 weeks. If the therapists have their way, I will have therapy for another 4 weeks.

I am on Disability, and my boss's wife is covering my job. My main concern is just getting better, and regaining strength in my hand. Hope this helps!

MicaMouse

Old 10-12-2003, 07:02 PM   #4
(female)

cheryl1121 HB User
I had right hand open surgury Aug 13, left hand aug 27, told i was released back to work no restrictions on Sept. 10. I was doing 8 hrs data input a day, pain is now ten times worse than before surgury. waiting for mri approval, I know it is from problem in neck. they never checked it prior to surgury even after an xray from my personal doctor showed bone spurs, disc disease, spurs impinging on neutral formina. am on w/c and having a very hard time, stopped working a week ago and now have been terminated. it has been hell, would never go through this again.

Closed Thread