It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2005, 01:32 PM   #1
(female)

dragonspock HB User
Is it possible to have crooked fingers from CTS?

I was freaking out for a while, thinking I might have arthritis because of my crooked fingers, but my doctor says it might be something to do with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome instead.

I didn't think of questions until /after/ we left the clinic though--stupid me. I was wondering if any of you might be able to help me answer them.

Does CTS cause your fingers to become crooked? Is there some kind of physical therapy that could possibly straighten them back out? And will this affect my future art career? I need my hands, and I need them as much as possible, I think it's already affected the way I write--my handwriting has been pretty sloppy as of late--and the last thing I need is for it to affect the way I draw and paint.

Old 11-23-2005, 07:56 AM   #2
(female)

dragonspock HB User
Re: Is it possible to have crooked fingers from CTS?

They're becoming more and more crooked, though it's considerably worse on my writing hand--if that helps any.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2005, 03:34 PM   #3
(male)

iantodd001 HB User

hi, i had surgery 5-6 months ago and find my hand starting to curl up more and stiff and sore when straighting, having ultrasound therapy now, hand is not doing to well. But feel like its curling.
bill

Old 11-24-2005, 09:15 PM   #4
(female)

dragonspock HB User

Do the joints sort of zig-zag? Like one joint will jut out in one direction and the next joint in another?

My right hand has gone numb at least three times this week, and my fingers have been sore on various occasions after doing certain things(peeling potatoes, playing a video game, typing).

Old 11-26-2005, 04:13 AM   #5
(male)

iantodd001 HB User

hi, mine is mostly stiff and now naturally curls up. also have more clicking in fingers

Old 11-27-2005, 03:56 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

barkingshark HB User

My hands don't get sore or mishapen, they only fall alseep at night which is rough because it wakes me up every time they go numb which can be anywhere from 2 -15 times a night. Also they get numb if I use the computer too many hours.

I heard vitamin B6 is supposed to help when taken in the form of B complex 50, but it only helped me some and it is dangerous they say when someone takes too high a high a dose, although it is gernally considered to be non-toxic. I took B6 for 6 times a day for a few days when it got really bad and it helped the numbness at night by about 60 percent or so. It is starting to get bad again so I need to do it again for a couple days.

Last edited by barkingshark; 11-27-2005 at 03:57 PM.

Closed Thread