It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

TraveltoSL HB User
extreme pain in both hands/fingers..

Hi everyone,

I am usually on the Pain mgmt. and Spinal Board since I just had my 3rd cervical fusion both anterior and posterior this time with metal cage, plates, screws and rods...So....am all secure now and my pain level is down to about a 4-5 which is fantastic!!!

Anyway....it's been a few months that I have these issues.....Both hands will fall asleep...go completely numb....like you could cut off my hand kind of numb and I wouldn't feel it....this happens in the middle of the night to wake me up as well as in the am....It does go away fairly quickly though when I get moving...

The other issue is that I have been having such extreme pain in hands and fingers....not as much in my wrist per say...but it hurts so bad to even move my fingers the tiniest bit....It is the worst in the am...but never completely goes away during the day....Very stiff as well....

I also have pain in my other joints it seems but not as bad as my hands....

I drink lots and lots of water each day so stay very well hydrated and on pain medicine from the surgeries so I'm suprised by how much it hurts....

Could this be CTS? I've never had experience with this before....

I was thinking that maybe it's because my room is so dry and would try a humidifier???? Do you think that would help?

Thanks for any advice....

Blessings,
Ingrid

Closed Thread