It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 03:14 PM   #1
(female)

HURTEN HB User
What's The Difference Cubital And Carpal Tunnel & Ulnar Nerve??

I Hear People Talking About Cubital And Ulner Nerve Damage.what Is The Difference? I Know I Have Carpaltunnel So The Drs Say.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2007, 04:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User
Re: What's The Difference Cubital And Carpal Tunnel & Ulnar Nerve??

Hurten, I can tell you this much because I used to be a secretary in an anesthesia department in a hospital. The anes. docs told me: carpal tunnel is from pain in the median area. Median nerve, median artery is related to the thumb, pointer and middle finger. And a slight section of the ring finger. Ulnar nerve and ulnar artery are related to parts of the arm that affect the ring finger and the pinkie. So Ulnar tunnel is somehow pain from compressed nerves in that area. Not sure what the difference is between Ulnar and cubital. I have read here that people say cubital means that the nerve in the elbow is where the problem is. I would suggest going to a search engine and looking up the two items and see what it says. If your hands hurt too much, let me know. Maybe I can find a basic description that I can give you if I read up on it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2007, 06:36 AM   #3
(female)

HURTEN HB User

Jo. I Sometimes Have The Tingling In The Ring And Pinky Fingers As Well,but No Mention Of Ulner From The Drs.
I Think They Just Like To Say Carpel Tunnel,and That Takes Care Of It All.
I Thank You For Your Answer,the Drs Never Talk Straight To Me.
Have A Good Day.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:45 PM   #4
(female)

tamn8r HB User

Well, just being one who has gone through surgery on right hand, they decompressed the median nerve and ulnar nerve. I was having numbing and pain in all fingers and pain in elbows. Tomorrow I go into surgery on my left hand for same. I am still having pain in elbow on right side and was told that there may still be compression of the ulnar nerve within the elbow which may result in yet another surgery.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:56 PM   #5
(female)

anjfreud78 HB User

Ok, so i have had a numb pinky , palm, and ring finger for 3 weeks. The Doctor had x rays run but nothing huge appeared to direct her ot the source of the numbness. So, i am scheduled to have a nerve study done. But, why, when the x rays didn't show anything? I guess an x ray isn't totally conclusive. Does this sound like anything any one has had?

Old 05-13-2008, 07:03 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

X-rays generally just show bones, while you might have a ligament or something compressing a nerve. The nerve study will show more. Good luck!

Old 05-13-2008, 08:46 AM   #7
(female)

anjfreud78 HB User

Thanks for your help. I was starting to wonder if I am just over reacting and I didn't want the doctors to think I was just making it up, but I'm pretty sure that the numbness is not normal!! Thanks again, will let you know.

Closed Thread