It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2007, 09:42 PM   #1
(female)

calista307 HB User
Numbness in index finger-under nail

Have had experience with cubital, ulnar nerve......issues. All had been well - but we moved about a month ago and ever since my hands have been swelling and I have had numbness in my index finger on my left hand since. Strangest feeling - both hands are a little tingling - but the index finger is the worst. Any thoughts? Thanks

Old 11-03-2007, 06:31 PM   #2
(female)

reader1018 HB User
Re: Numbness in index finger-under nail

i just recently got diagnosed with carpal tunnel, so i did some research. ask yourself these questions. where in the hand [I]specificly[I] does the tingling occur? the numbness, is it anywhere else in the hand? are symptoms worse at night or in early morning? do you expierence pain any where from the shoulder down, mainly focusing on the hand?

in carpal tunnel numbness, tingling and pain occur in the thumb, index,middle and half of the ring finger(can sometimes feel likethe whole finger!!). pain can radiate up the arm and (although rare)into the shoulder. due to the way we twist and turn in the night the awkward arm positions can cause numbness and pain to the point you wake up-if you have carpal tunnel.

i know this was long but i hope it helps ----jennie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread