It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #1
(male)

lappy HB User
carpal tunnel at 25!?

Hi i'm 25 yr old female. I've recently shown symptoms of carpal tunnel. I do type at my job, but not excessively. probably 25hrs week typing. Ive only had this job for 2.5 years and before that I was in school, which means I typed only on occasion. How could I have carpal tunnel at such a young age?

Old 11-03-2007, 06:11 PM   #2
(female)

reader1018 HB User
Talking Re: carpal tunnel at 25!?

hi! i'm a 20 year old female diagnosed with moderate carpal tunnel in both hands. i never held a job typing, or done any odd work with my hands. after i got my nerve conductive test the doctor told me that people my age usually
get carpal tunnel geneticly-passed on through family genes. what are you planning to do for treatment? i could use some advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2007, 06:25 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Taimse HB User
Re: carpal tunnel at 25!?

To the 20 year old and 25 year old......
If you are really looking at surgery as being the fix you want, then really search out a good surgeon...hand, orthopedic, neurologist. Get second opinions. Your hand are going to have to last you a lifetime.
As far as healing, your ages are in your favor.

I first experienced carpal tunnel when I was 19...I was doing chicken deboning in a chicken canning factory. The table was high or I was too short. Symptoms were eased by me standing on a stool, so my hands were at a lower level to work, than they had been. After that, my hands would fall asleep every so often throughout the rest of college and when I had my first jobs. I could shake my hands and the feeling would return.

Any accidents involving neck injuries such as whiplash. Sometimes that will cause tingling and numbness in hands too.

Please read information at websites in the archives on the Carpal tunnel syndrome forum page. They are at the top of the page that shows the ct discussion topics/questions. Perhaps that will help, or at least give you ideas of what to ask for questions when seeing doctors.

Closed Thread