It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2008, 07:06 PM   #1
(female)

kellie84 HB User
Is this Carpal Tunnel?

I have wrist pain and numbness at the tips of my fingers, except my pinky. My middle finger is in the worst pain. My whole right arm is achy up to my shoulder. At night I am constantly being woken up by my arm. It feels like it has fallen asleep but it is more painful. I have had to run it under a cold tap in the bathroom to get rid of the pain. Now I had this last year and went to the doctor about it, it was a walk in clinic ( you know how they like to rush you ) he told me it was just tendonitis. I have just returned to work 2 weeks ago after being off for a year on maternity leave. I hardly had any pain while off work unless I used my wrist a lot. Now I am back to constant pain, I am kind of worrying since I never had the numb fingertips associated with this pain before. I am going to make an appoitment next week to see my doctor and see what he has to say.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:43 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Shshi HB UserShshi HB User
Re: Is this Carpal Tunnel?

Hi Kellie,

It does sound as though it could be CTS, especially since you're not experiencing pain and numbness in your pinkie finger and since you got relief when you weren't working. If you do any type of repetative work using your hands a lot, you're definitely at risk for developing CTS.

I hope you get some answers from your doctor and some relief soon.

By the way, congratulations on your baby son.

Hugs,

Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2008, 11:23 AM   #3
(female)

diech HB User

Hi Kellie:

Your doctor should set up an EMG test to confirm that you have CTS. Once that is confirmed, you can be referred to an orthopedic surgeon. I just had surgery on both hands (2 months apart) and this is how it was handled.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:42 PM   #4
(female)

kellie84 HB User

Thanks for the replies! I went to my doctor today and he thinks it is CTS. I have to go and get an EMG and I had blood drawn today to check for thyroid issues. So we will see what happens. I also have to wear a splint to bed and do wrist exercises.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dream77 HB User

Can anyone point to what are good wrist exercises for CT ?
thanks

Closed Thread