It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
(female)

mary1114 HB User
why am i in pain after carpal tunnel operation ?

why am i in pain after carpal tunnel operation ?its been 7wks and mythunb wrist n are really hurting me

Old 10-06-2008, 06:44 AM   #2
(female)

caseymay HB User
Re: why am i in pain after carpal tunnel operation ?

I can't help you but just wanted to say I hope you get better soon. I have both ulnar and carpal in both arms and I am likely to have the first surgery within a month. I hope you make a full recovery. xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #3
(female)

HURTEN HB User

Hi Caseymay,
U Might Be In Pain If You Are Using Yr Hands Too Much. Just Everyday Use Or If U Leaned Too Hard While Getting Out Of The Tub Or Anything Else That Causes You To Put Pressure On The Hand Will Do It.
Or Just Making A Fist While Sleeping.
Just How I Feel Most Days.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User

You can't go back (ever) to a lifestyle you used to have. If you bring in groceries from the car, carry bags in the crook of your elbow instead of using your hands to carry them. And never carry anything heavy at all. Take breaks in between by letting your arms hang loose. I used to be a sew-a-holic, making an item in an afternoon. Now I use battery operated scissors and I might take a week to make something and then I won't sew again for months. I never pin fabric anymore, I place weights (candles, books, etc) on the fabric and then outline the pattern pieces with a pen. If you go back to what you did before surgery, you will only bring back the same problems.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:08 AM   #5
(female)

HURTEN HB User

Johands , How True, I Cant Even Sew A Button So Hard To Hold The And Needle And Thread Then To Hold The Fabric.
I Cut A Piece Of My Finger Off The Other Day Just Trying To Cut My Nails, Couldnt Hold The Scissor Straight And Then My Other Hand Was Hurting So I Missed A Little.
So Difficult, No One Ever Told Me I Would Never Be Able To Do Simple Things Again.
Too All Who Had Or Are Thinking About Cpt Surgery.. Think Long And Hard Because The Results Are Not Always What The Dr Says..

Closed Thread