It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2009, 11:33 AM   #1
(female)

hurtinginaz HB User
Does anyone have TARSAL tunnel?

I have been diagnosed with tarsal tunnel in both feet. Its like carpal tunnel but in the feet instead. I thinking im in the process of developing carpal tunnel also. Im wondering though, how rare tarsal tunnel syndrome is.
-kim

Old 02-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Exegesis HB UserExegesis HB User
Re: Does anyone have TARSAL tunnel?

Hi Kim,

I haven't been diagnosed with it, but I have shooting pain that runs on the top of my left foot when I straigten my foot out (like pointing it like a ballet dancer). The pain is bad. Then, several months after it started, the area where the pain was became numb.

In the last year, I have developed the same symtoms on my left hand; started on that joint 2 to 3 inches up from the base of the thumb. Now, I have it on the back of my hand, between my index and middle fingers. Recently, the area between those to fingers has gone numb. I haven't bothered to see a doctor (no insurance) and I have other issues that I would pay out of pocket for first. BTW, does anybody on this Board know if these carpel issues can be caused by anything underlying?

Regards, Brenden.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2009, 11:42 PM   #3
(female)

LL37 HB UserLL37 HB User

I think I have it too. I tried to walk about 100 miles as a personal goal last summer, and then when I stopped doing my day job which included being on my feet a lot it started, and it includes random electric like shocks on the bottom of my feet, they come and go and I try to massage down from my knees to see if they will stop and I try to look up exercises online for it and stretch my achilles tendon. It seems worse right now when I'm having more upper back muscle problems, like it's sympathy pain.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
(female)

LL37 HB UserLL37 HB User

Can you tell me if our symptoms are the same?

Old 12-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
(female)

mv92 HB User

I had tarsal tunnel. I was an avid runner, and my feet started to become numb while running. After ruling out other possible causes, they first tried anti-inflammatories (I was put on Celebrex). It helped but didn't solve the problem. Tried cortizone injections. No help. Physical therapy didn't work. Oh, also I had orthotics made. Eh, I never had any arch problems or anything, but they said why not get some. Insurance covered. I don't think they make that huge of difference though.
Eventually, I ran out of options. I had surgery on both of my feet to release the straps. I had anterior tarsal tunnel, which is the rarer one. Surgery went well. I'm a student so they did one foot in the summer and then did the other on winter break.
Surgery was very successful. Everything has returned back to normal. Now able to run normally.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #6
(female)

LJSF HB User

[SI
ZE="4"][/SIZE]It was very encouraging to hear that your surgeries went well. I have just had a cortisone injection for it, got relief for about 2 days. Now back to full pain and numbness down to my great toe. have already had 2 plantar surgeries on that foot and another ankle/foot reconstruction on the other foot (from a fall). Hate to have more unless I feel there is a good chance of relief. Living like this is hell, I have to have others do everything for me and I am so immobile I have gained 20 pounds. I was used to being very mobile and active, very depressing! Thanks, Linda

Old 05-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #7
(female)

Hayley1986 HB User

I have tarsal tunnel and i dont know if electric shock numb and tingles are related to my triple arthrodesis surgery i had two weeks ago or its been antaganised the tts the electric shockx are horrible i am currently in plaster upto my knee non weight baring plshelp thankyou hayley x

Old 10-28-2012, 03:18 AM   #8
(male)

gianni27 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley1986 View Post
I have tarsal tunnel and i dont know if electric shock numb and tingles are related to my triple arthrodesis surgery i had two weeks ago or its been antaganised the tts the electric shockx are horrible i am currently in plaster upto my knee non weight baring plshelp thankyou hayley x
Hi Hayley1986, I had a TA in Feb 2010, also had tarsal tunnel so had the nerve released in two areas in my leg at the same time. Today I can say I'm glad I had the TA because my ankle is more stable and no longer walking on the inside of my foot. Unfortunately still having tarsal tunnel issues with numbness and shooting, stabbing pains in my calf and into my foot. A recent EMG showed some improvement from the surgery but still problems. I've been told more surgery is not recommended and either L5 S1 steroid injections and or medications is my most logical way to go. Just wondered how you are doing and of course your or anyone's opinions are welcomed.

Reply Reply