It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
(male)

tntdodt HB User
what happens if i can't do my job any more

Indiana worker comp what happens if i can't do my job any more

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
(female)

HURTEN HB User
Re: what happens if i can't do my job any more

if u cant do your job any more you will be re evaluated by a comp hearing.

your employer must keep a position open for you for a while but once u go back to work if the boss feels you are not up to par they may fire you... you take chances. the way around it is to go to work at same job for a while take it easy and then go out on comp again. as long as yr out on comp they cant fire you!!!!as long as you dont close yr case it can go on for a long time.i wish i could say more but i feel you must make yr own decisions and speak to an atty. i hope this has helped you and remember i was diag. depressed because i cant fuction at full capacity u may use this!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2009, 01:33 AM   #3
(female)

BOBERS47 HB User
Re: what happens if i can't do my job any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntdodt View Post
indiana worker comp what happens if i can't do my job any more
from carpal tunnel???? I dont know about indiana, but in california..they retrain you...in the most stupid ways....normally doing what they say you cant do anymore. (using your hands) i had carpal tunnel when i was 23, it was so bad...i would wake up at night with my right hand hurting so bad...i would have panic attacks...only because i didnt know what was wrong. I'm 57 now...back then...they called it " housewife syndrome" only the doctor i had knew what it was...the nurses didnt. Needless to say...i was a compulsive cleaner. Plus at that time i was pregnant. The doc said " most likely the pregnancy was causing it..so wait till after i had my daughter to see if it went away." it didnt...it just got worse...so, they did the surgery....it was fine...but i had let it go for so long...i could still feel a little issue with those fingers..but nothing bothersome and the weakness off and on...but, still not like it was...no where near. But, i can be on this computer for hours...and not have an issue...only thing that happened many years later. I thought it had come back...but all it was was scar tissue in there...they cleaned it out and its been fine. In the grand sceam of thing....its no big deal, once you've had the surgery. I would insist on my old job back. You'll figure it out..why..if you try to be retrained. Its only considered a maybe 10% disability...its not worth...retraining, etc. I didnt work outside my home when i had mine....so, there was noooooo retraining...i'm still compulisive about cleaning...and my hand is fine...yes...i know that i had it....but it sure doesnt stand in my way.

The Following User Says Thank You to BOBERS47 For This Useful Post:
cjfm (11-02-2011)
Closed Thread