It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
(female)

Lily48 HB User
Cubital and Carpal Tunnel Surgery in 2 wks

Hi and thanks for taking the time to read this!

I've had CT surgery on the left, non-dominant hand this summer and did well. I'll have numbness in the whole hand every now and then but not nearly as bad as before, considering that the symptoms were severe.

In two weeks, I'm scheduled for cubital and carpal tunnel surgery of the right hand. Carpal tunnel is 'severe' and cubital tunnel surgery is transposition. I've asked for two weeks off for recovery but everything I've read has different 'return to work dates'. Even my orthopedic surgeon doesn't have a specific date to return to work. I'm a speech pathologist in the school setting and have to write and type throughout the day.

If anyone can shed some light on the recovery time for return to work, I'd really appreciate it! I was unable to return to therapy (my job) for a week after carpal tunnel surgery. Thanks!!

Old 10-01-2009, 07:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User
Re: Cubital and Carpal Tunnel Surgery in 2 wks

Lily, IN my opinion, 2 weeks is not much time to have your hands heal. How far do you have to drive to work? I would limit time on the computer. Typing and writing will be the worst thing you can do to interupt healing. I hope you aren't having this surgery too soon after your summer ct operation. Today is 6 months past my second cts surgery on my right hand. I've just started typing normal again. Up until now I typed one finger, one letter at a time left handed. I hate it since I type fast. However, I wanted it to heal right this time. You can cause scar tissue to form by pinching and grabbing (or typing) motions. I learned the hard way to take it easy after my surgery. Had I known all of this the first time, I wouldn't have needed a second surgery (as far as I know). I had my first surgeries in 2005 and then a revision in April. Good luck and let us know how it works.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread