It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #1
(male)

matt3507 HB User
Why did you get surgery?

Hi all,
For those of you with severe carpal tunnel syndrome, what was the last straw that caused you to get surgery? Was it pain or loss of use? I have disc stuff in my neck and severe carpal both hands.

I had one doctor tell me carpal could cause pain in the shoulder blades. Anybody have pain in the shoulder blades from carpal?

Take care, matt

Old 10-09-2009, 03:02 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

thisworld HB User
Re: Why did you get surgery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt3507 View Post
Hi all,
For those of you with severe carpal tunnel syndrome, what was the last straw that caused you to get surgery? Was it pain or loss of use? I have disc stuff in my neck and severe carpal both hands.

I had one doctor tell me carpal could cause pain in the shoulder blades. Anybody have pain in the shoulder blades from carpal?

Take care, matt
hey my hand started hurting to point i went to the doctor and she told me it was carpal tunner. i got a brace i reckon thats what its call and it did wonders. then the pain went in the other hand. got another brace. then someone told me about going to a chropractor. my neck also hurt also. he said it could in be carpal or a pinch nerve in my neck. whatever he did it was wonderful. that was about a year and half ago. do that first before surgery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User

When I couldn't drive 10 miles down to my mom's house and I would start having panic attacks. Turns out I had high blood pressure too. I said, enough, I can't drive without worrying that my hands were too weak, painful and that an attack would come on. It was like someone pushed me, all the sudden my arms would go to sleep. I started driving on smaller and smaller roads. My 10 mile trip turned into 14 miles. Then I couldn't drive the last few miles and I just about made it back home. Then I knew something had to be done. As for the shoulder pain, I see you are a guy, but if you can imagine where a woman's bra strap and collar bone come together, well my first doctor told me pain there is cts. I think posture and weight have something to do with cts too. Anyway, I had surgery on both hands in 2005 and I just had my right hand done again in April. Scar tissue from the first operation squished the nerve.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
(male)

matt3507 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney world View Post
hey my hand started hurting to point i went to the doctor and she told me it was carpal tunner. i got a brace i reckon thats what its call and it did wonders. then the pain went in the other hand. got another brace. then someone told me about going to a chropractor. my neck also hurt also. he said it could in be carpal or a pinch nerve in my neck. whatever he did it was wonderful. that was about a year and half ago. do that first before surgery.
Wow disney thx for the info. and congratulations on getting your ct fixed. I have a very crappy neck, though, and I can't have anybody trying to crack it. I do plan on seeing a chiro. just for info, though. thx again!

Old 10-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
(male)

matt3507 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johands333 View Post
When I couldn't drive 10 miles down to my mom's house and I would start having panic attacks. Turns out I had high blood pressure too. I said, enough, I can't drive without worrying that my hands were too weak, painful and that an attack would come on. It was like someone pushed me, all the sudden my arms would go to sleep. I started driving on smaller and smaller roads. My 10 mile trip turned into 14 miles. Then I couldn't drive the last few miles and I just about made it back home. Then I knew something had to be done. As for the shoulder pain, I see you are a guy, but if you can imagine where a woman's bra strap and collar bone come together, well my first doctor told me pain there is cts. I think posture and weight have something to do with cts too. Anyway, I had surgery on both hands in 2005 and I just had my right hand done again in April. Scar tissue from the first operation squished the nerve.
Thx jo! That is excellent info. That is crazy how ct can send the pain to a different part of your body. My hand go to sleep easy but not as bad as yours. Cold weather though, my hands stop working. Anyway thx again for sharing your experience. matt

Old 10-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

thisworld HB User

hey Matt, a friend just told me yesterday she is having ct surgery on both hands. still with my experience with it. i still believe in chiro. but thats because it help me. and i would wake up crying so hard and putting so much pressure on my hands and nothing help. so good luck. disney

Closed Thread