It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
(female)

Oberthur HB User
Unhappy carpal tunnel syndrom and neck and shoulder pain

I am currently waiting to have bilateral carpal tunnel release surgery.
I am also having physiotherapy for sever pain in right shoulder and neck.
The physio isn`t working and I am now getting frequent black dots in front of my eyes. My right shoulder gets red hot and is very weak and painful and has restricted movement. My neck feels like my head is too heavy and I get sharp pains on the right hand side. i also get a feeling of "pulling down" to the right of my face. I also get a sore tight feeling underneath my right collar bone.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User
Re: carpal tunnel syndrom and neck and shoulder pain

I had both hands done in 2005 and had my right hand done again in April 2009. The first time I had carpal tunnel I had high blood pressure too. Are you on high blood pressure meds? I would be driving along and between the CTS and high blood pressure my arms would fall asleep and then I would start a panic attack. I went to the doctor and my bp was 199/90+ Well something like that. I went on the bp meds and then had the surgery. While things have improved I am not quite to where I want to be. As for you, could the black dots be related to blood pressure? Do you need glasses or a change in your prescription for your glasses? Stress related?

Don't have both hands done at the same time. In fact wait at least 6 months before having the second one done. I waited 3 months in between and now I think my first surgery wasn't healed enough to handle the extra work needed to take over duties of the second surgery. You want to be truly healed from the first surgery otherwise you could get scar tissue inside. Try to maintain good posture, and if you're overweight try to lose weight. I know, easier said than done, but that's one of my problems. Eat right and get enough sleep. Good luck and keep in touch.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Oberthur,

The Best pain relief cream that both my wife and I have ever used is Topricin.

I first discovered it in the Parade section of Sunday's newspaper. It was developed by a man that had severe Carpal Tunnel pain and could only get 3 hours sleep a night after surgery. He developed it 16 years ago by combining 11 homeopathic remedies.

I have been using homeopathic remedies for over 35 years. I bought some and was very skeptical. But, was extremely satisfied after using it. It is odorless and stainless.

My wife has had arthritis pains for years. Both hips replaced, carpal tunnel, radial tunnel as well as shoulder surgeries. She uses it and has found it very helpful where it is used --shoulder, neck, back, legs, as well as ankles. It works on joints as well as muscles and tendons.

I now buy it from Vitacost online at a reasonable price for a bigger container.

I wish you well---Harry

Last edited by Harry; 04-30-2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Typos

Old 05-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
(female)

dazzler143 HB User

I sometime feel like I am having carpal tunnel syndrome. My arms and wrist ache after staying in front of the computer for so long. What could be the best practices to minimize its symptoms?

Old 05-04-2010, 11:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

dazzler,
Why don't you try some Topricin cream? I think it would be best prior to resorting to surgery. It really works.

Harry

Last edited by Harry; 05-04-2010 at 11:29 AM. Reason: typos

Old 05-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #6
(female)

Oberthur HB User

I am to have bilateral carpal tunnel release this friday (7th may). To be honest I can`t wait.I just hope I`m not one of those people who has problems after, anyhoo, I`m still glad to be getting it done.
I`ve also just been diagnosed with acromioclavicular arthritis which requires surgery too. The pain of this condition is quite unbearable at times so this is another surgery I`m looking forward to having.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:24 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Thumbs down Re: carpal tunnel syndrom and neck and shoulder pain

Oberthur,

I have known people that have had both wrists operated at the same time. The problem is with both wrist not functioning and bandaged --1 big problem is going to the bath room -- who is going to do the wiping during this period???

I think it's best to have one surgery at a time. Think of all the things that can be done with one arm.
And, without either hand -- it is a real pain.

God Bless---Harry

Last edited by Harry; 05-05-2010 at 10:29 AM. Reason: typos

Old 05-06-2010, 01:14 AM   #8
(female)

dazzler143 HB User

Good suggestion!. Is it also like Bengay ointment?

Old 06-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #9
(male)

911mitch HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzler143 View Post
I sometime feel like I am having carpal tunnel syndrome. My arms and wrist ache after staying in front of the computer for so long. What could be the best practices to minimize its symptoms?
hi dazzler43 the easiest and best thing to do if you don't want to leave the computer for a while is just to take the time to strech your arms and fingers out every couple minutes to make the typing mousing motion not as repetitive

Old 06-09-2010, 10:16 PM   #10
(male)

911mitch HB User

hi i'm from canada and the orthopedic surgen told me that they can only do 1 hand at a time and have to wait a minimum or 6 weeks before they would do the other 1 just in case there is a problem.

i had my carpal tunnel done on my left hand and i thought it went great it was feeling a lot better 6 weeks later when i seen the orthopedic surgen a gain he called me in to his office and sat me down pulled out his pen [athick body pen that writes fine] he said to me if this is the size of a normal nerve then he made a tiny dot on the paper and said that is what you have left and its about 1/4 of an inch long. then he gave me a choice of having the other hand done or having reconstruction surgery done on the left again. at the time like i said my hand felt a lot better. so i got him to do my right hand. and 6 weeks later it felt better then the left hand the doc also told me that it was pinched as well not just intrapped. but any way take your time with these surgery and try to do them 1 at a time

Closed Thread