It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2010, 07:20 AM   #1
(female)

estella3 HB User
carpal tunnel syndrome and in severe pain

I was diagnosed with moderate to severe cts in my left arm. My hands and fingers ache and go numb, i have extreme pain and a little swelling in my upper forearm. When i touch that spot in my upper forearm it is extremely painful, just to touch that area. My question is did anyone else in here have extreme forearm pain with their cts? Did anyone see immediate relief after the cts surgery? Did anyone else have pain with extending their arm or turning door knobs? My wrists themselves do not hurt. I had this once before when pregnant, and it did not hurt nearly as bad. Estella

Old 05-22-2010, 07:53 AM   #2
(male)

mizzle HB User
Re: carpal tunnel syndrome and in severe pain

I had similar forarm pain and was told it was both cts and tendonitis. I've had lots of luck with a carpal therapist machine because its good for both. YOu can also try massage therapy and stretching exercises

Last edited by moderator2; 11-02-2010 at 05:32 AM. Reason: please do not direct off board searches

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
(male)

911mitch HB User

Hi again estella3 if you have pain in your elbow from turning your wrist it is more likely cubital tunnel not carple tunnel

try this hold your hand out like your going to turn a handle, put the other hand on your elbow. now turn you hand to open the door handle and you well see that your wrist does not turn the turning motion is from the elbow. that motion could be pinching the ulnar nerve in the cubital tunnel creating your pain and swelling
good luck again

Old 06-11-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
(female)

estella3 HB User

I think I have both, which is hard to believe that it is not due to the surgery on my back i had a few months back. But the EMG show it is not coming from the cervical spine. My pinky and ring finger dont bother me too much unless that spot in my elbow is tapped on.. My thumb, index, and middle finger bother me all the time, those three are the worst. So i think i am really going to need that carpal tunnel release surgery, but before i run out in do that i am going to want the EMG repeated to make sure its not coming from the back, cause my whole arm hurts from the neck/shoulder down. My upper back hurts as well especially the shoulder blades, left and right. I had acdf surgery of c5, c6. ever since a couple day post op i felt what i can only describe as a pulling on my left arm, the whole left arm. like someone was stretching it. The post MRI did not indicate that it was coming from my back either. Then the EMG showed moderate/severe median nerve damage consistent with carpal tunnel. I have not done any activities to bring that on, i was very careful. It hurts to extend that arm, to reach. I cant keep raised at shoulder length for even a minute. I only last seconds when trying to raise that hand to shoulder length. I had an xray done of my shoulder and nothing showed. Maybe i need MRI or something of the shoulder and shoulder blades. I have symptoms on the right too.. but mild. not nearly as bad as the left. Estella

Old 06-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #5
(male)

911mitch HB User

Did they ever try a nerve conduction test on your arms up to your shoulder.

with that test it gives an exact time that it takes for the impulse to pass threw the intrapment

the test is done by a nuaroligest.

or this mite be an old test that is not used any more

Old 06-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #6
(female)

estella3 HB User

HI MITCH,
Yes they did the EMG and the nerve conduction test. The fist test felt like electric shocks, almost like static electricity but mulitplied times 10. Then a neurologist came in and did the test where they put the fine needles under the skin. He did the whole arm and one in the back or side of my neck, he did that one twice. The needle after he removed the one in my upper arm , kind of at the bicep area, it left a pretty big bruise, and he said that should not have happened, so I dont know why that happened, but the EMG didnt say anything about that area, although i have pain in my left side from the left side of my neck all the way down my left arm.
What surgeries have u had on your arm? Estella

Old 06-14-2010, 01:43 AM   #7
(male)

911mitch HB User

the surgery on the arm is called cubital tunnel release its to release the pressure on the ulnar nerve its right at the funny bone

Old 11-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #8
(female)

salice89 HB User

I couldn't find any machine. Could you give more info, a name?

Thanks

Last edited by moderator2; 11-02-2010 at 05:31 AM. Reason: please do not ask for links

Closed Thread