It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
(male)

Ingojr HB User
Still very painful even after 3 months

I had Carpal Tunnel surgery on 6/28/2010

After the initial pain of the surgery went away...I noticed that the symptoms started coming back.

I work on a computer at least 8-10 hours a day. I had to go back to work 3 weeks after the surgery because my company is very busy.

The pain is completely back...besides the numb fingers and forearm...now I have a terrible aching in my biceps

It feels like that burning fatigue you get in a muscle when exercising...plus a throbbing pain in the shoulder

The pain is much worse now than it was before the surgery.

Is it a result of the carpal tunnel surgery...and continuing to work on the computer....or something completely different

Old 10-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
(female)

csp1 HB User
Re: Still very painful even after 3 months

I'm sorry to hear that your carpal tunnel, has come back so soon.I used to type during my job too. I wound up having to get a Dragon NaturallySpeaking microphone to speak into the computer. That's what I'm doing right now. It takes longer and can be frustrating, but I don't type at all anymore. Typing is how my carpal, started to begin with.

my doctor told me that if I go back to doing the same kind of work after surgery, it will come back again. For some reason,the tendons just keep on swelling. Then the new larger carpal tunnel becomes too small. At least this is the way I understood it.

I still have problems with my hands, but I will never type again. I want to have surgery, because it helped me in the past. Then I made the mistake of going back to school, and typing off and on. I actually forgot I had a problem with my hands, and began to type a lot I can. Sure enough, there went my hands after two weeks.

I had a cortisone shot last week. It lasted for about a week, and now the pain is back. When I stopped typing, the pain didn't go away.

I hope there's an answer for you.

CSP one

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread