It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

whackedback HB Userwhackedback HB Userwhackedback HB User
Anyone dealt with trigger finger?

I know it's not CTS, but I'm having a bad time with trigger finger on my left hand index finger. Just wondering if someone has dealt with it and how it was fixed, relieved, or cured.

wb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: Anyone dealt with trigger finger?

I've had trigger fingers several times and have since had 3 fingers operated on (two thumbs and a ring finger.)

The usual first course of treatment is a steroid injection. My first injection was on my left thumb, it fixed the problem and it didn't recur for about 7 years. When it recurred, I had another steroid injection, but it didn't last and, since I was having CT surgery anyway, my doc released the trigger thumb at the same time. Had the same thing on the other hand. Then, 2 years later, had the ring finger done.

Steroid injections work really well for some people, and the trigger finger doesn't recur for quite a while. But you can only have a certain amount of steroid injections into the same joint without damaging the joint, so if you don't get a long time of relief, might as well just go ahead and have the release surgery.

By the way, Whacked Back...am I remembering correctly that you are diabetic? Seems us diabetics are at much higher risk than the rest of the population for these types of problems, and we typically get more recurrence and less relief from the steroid injections as time goes on.

By the way...trigger finger release healing is even faster than CT healing.

Ruth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
(female)

leisae316 HB User
Re: Anyone dealt with trigger finger?

I am so glad to hear someone mention this. I have trigger finger in just about every one of fingers except my pinkys. I had surgery on my thumbs and thank GOD i did because it was getting where I couldn't use them. You need to go to your doctor about the trigger finger. They did my surgery right there in the office and didn't take 10 mins and it was done. Yes, I had stitches, hurt for a few days but it was worth it. Now my question to you, did you have carpal tunnel surgery also?

Closed Thread