It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
(male)

scostello1965 HB User
Ulnar Nerve Cubital Tunnel Surgery Recovery

Hi: I'm two months post-op. Had cubital tunnel release at all points, but not a relocation of the nerve. There was some sort of muscle growth pressing on the nerve in the elbow as well. This growth was removed. I'm curious to hear other's experiences in terms of getting feeling back to their pinky and ring fingers. I'm getting some impulses in my arm, more so than before the surgery. However, I still do not have any improvement in the feeling in those fingers. The doctor said he has seen it take many months. For those of you who got feeling back, when did you start getting sensation back? Is there anything you did to speed it along (continue to wear a brace at night, hot tub, don't lift weights, etc.)? I would appreciate any feedback. I lost feeling in June of 2011, surgery in November of 2011, now it is January 2012. So, the nerve was under pressure for 5 months. Thanks.

The following user gives a hug of support to scostello1965:
sandy1367 (01-27-2012)
Old 01-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
(female)

sandy1367 HB User
Re: Ulnar Nerve Cubital Tunnel Surgery Recovery

I am about to have the surgery as well most like feb 2012, Im confused on who actually performs the surgery? ortho? neuro and or plastic. I just want to be sure that the right md is doing the surgery.

I have also been in pain now for 3-4 months i thought it was tendinitis or sprain i went to a pain management / therapy place they took forever with testing so i decided to go to the Ortho md who did surgery on my knee . In one visit he was able to establish that it is a pinch nerve cubital/ulnar that therapy or surgery to relieve are my choices . I am feeling numbness in my pinky and ring finger and it is very difficult to even grasp and hold onto things. should i do therapy at this point or go for surgery.

I am so confused.

I hope all goes well for you and I just wanna make sure it does for me too. HELP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
(male)

scostello1965 HB User

The surgeon who did mine was specifically a hand surgeon. I wish I had gotten the surgery sooner. That way there would have been less damage to the nerve and I would have healed faster. At this point I don't know if the surgery has helped though. I'm feeling more twitching in my hand and arm than I did, so I'm hopeful those are electrical impulses getting through. I guess some people benefit from physical therapy, I did not, and I knew it early on.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
(female)

javanica HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scostello1965 View Post
Hi: I'm two months post-op. Had cubital tunnel release at all points, but not a relocation of the nerve. There was some sort of muscle growth pressing on the nerve in the elbow as well. This growth was removed. I'm curious to hear other's experiences in terms of getting feeling back to their pinky and ring fingers. I'm getting some impulses in my arm, more so than before the surgery. However, I still do not have any improvement in the feeling in those fingers. The doctor said he has seen it take many months. For those of you who got feeling back, when did you start getting sensation back? Is there anything you did to speed it along (continue to wear a brace at night, hot tub, don't lift weights, etc.)? I would appreciate any feedback. I lost feeling in June of 2011, surgery in November of 2011, now it is January 2012. So, the nerve was under pressure for 5 months. Thanks.
I am nearly 3 weeks post-op with both surgeries- Still lots of bruising- looksa like I stuck my hand in dye from a blue jean factory. I start PT on Tues next week-Thought it would go much more smoother- need the other hand and arm done as well- its worse...I had a severe case on the left maybe why its not doing up to my standard...even the skin hurts!

Old 03-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
(female)

MrsLA HB User

I just had surgery on mine this morning and my arm is in so much pain, it isnt helping my health anxiety much, but what was your experiences afterwards?

Old 03-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
(female)

javanica HB User
Thumbs up Re: Ulnar Nerve Cubital Tunnel Surgery Recovery

Hi, It has been 3 weeks and 1 day since my surgery...I am still very swollen and bruised...Been to PT twice already can not yet turn my palm upward. I just feel pretty darn sorry for myself-expecting more out of my body...yeah right...it does whatever it wants to...Just be patient with yourself moreso than I have been...Best wishes and prayers!:

Old 05-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #7
(male)

jdd6656 HB User
Wink Re: Ulnar Nerve Cubital Tunnel Surgery Recovery

I had release surgery on 03/13, no transpostion. Just started PT about 2 wks ago for scar de-sensitation. Still have not seen any improvement yet in ring finger pain and numbness, but still hopeful.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #8
(female)

Roz14 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Ulnar Nerve Cubital Tunnel Surgery Recovery

Hi, I had my surgery done on May 8th,2012 got the bandages removed on the 23rd. Unfortunately the numbness and tingling is still there. The MD said it could take up to 6 months before it starts to go away. Haven't started physio yet , have to find someplace. I've been reading alot of your posts and yes the impulses are jumping all over the place which causes alot of discomfort. I also wanted to point out that the surgery I had done was in the elbow and not the hand. Lots of hugs to all, will talk soon.

Reply Reply