It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
(female)

emma120 HB User
Shoulder Pain from CTS

Has anyone experienced not only wrist pain but shoulder pain with CTS? I get this especially when I am working (work on a computer 9 hours a day)
Trying to determine if this is a symptom of CTS...some websites say yes while others say no

Old 09-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
(female)

tam090 HB Usertam090 HB User
Re: Shoulder Pain from CTS

i am having the extreme shoulder and elbow pain along with my wrist. Anyone else?

The following user gives a hug of support to tam090:
Phoenix (09-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

For me, I have wrist/hand problems and shoulder problems, but in my case it's not CTS really. Instead of a nerve compression at the wrist, I tend to get a nerve compression in my shoulder, caused by muscle spasms.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User

My doctor told me that if you have pain where your collar bone and your bra strap come together, it's the median nerve. That's the nerve that is affected by CTS. And anything from the fingertips all the way up to that point can be CTS related.

Last edited by Johands333; 09-26-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
(female)

tam090 HB Usertam090 HB User

Very good information. I think that I have some type of underlying problem that is causing inflammation and the inflammation is putting pressure on the nerve. I am going to do some research... I noticed on You Tube they had some excercises to help gently stretch the area, maybe that would help. It hurts so bad, that picking up a 20 oz drink is too heavy for me.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #6
(female)

markema HB User

My husband was recently diagnosed with bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome based on an EMG. He also had an MRI and was found to have two pinched nerves in his neck. The orthopedic doctor said that his shoulder and arm pain was from the pinched nerves. He felt that it was likely that the pinched nerves were what was making the carpal tunnel so bad that at times he was unable to cut meat!

Next week he is going to have epidural injections. The doctor thinks that this should relieve a the pain and much of the numbness and tingling from the carpal tunnel.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
(female)

SueBee796 HB User

Oh, so that's something new for me to think about! Since I have an upcoming visit with a Neurosurgeon on Mon 1/7/13. Before I went to see him he wanted me to have an EMG/F Wave Study/Nerve Conduction study. That/those tests showed I have Carpal and Cubital Tunnel Syndrome. I've been wondering if I had the Cervical Spine surgery like I'm sure he will suggest (I have several things going on in my neck, part of it is that my ventral cord/spinal cord is being flattened in 2 or 3 places) so I was wondering if I had the neck surgery would it possibly release the Ulnar and Median nerves and give me some relief in my hands (particularly my right hand) which has been numb, tingly, painful and losing fine motor skills as time goes by day by day?) And the brace I was given isn't making much of a difference any longer. So that is one of the questions I will ask the surgeon about...
"will the cervical surgery release the Unlnar and Median Nerves?" And help possibly help my CTS?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
(female)

Nanacan HB UserNanacan HB UserNanacan HB User

I have had extreme pain in my left elbow going into my pinkie & ring finger. Have had 2 injections in it, which do some good, but for only about 2 weeks. They said they can't keep doing the injections. Had an emg, but it showed carpal tunnel syndrome, but the pain is not in my wrist. Have y'all had this problem?
Acdf- 1/10/12
Chairi malformation

Reply Reply