It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
(female)

misty073 HB User
Carple tunnel wrist splint pain.

I just went to the neurologist two days ago and was diagnosed with mild carple tunnel in my right hand, and in my left most likely as the symptoms are there but not yet showing on the test. Dr said to wear the wrist splints at night, so the first night was too bad...felt a bit stiff but never woke up with any numbness. Tried again last night and within about 45 min to an hour my right hand ached so much I had to take the splint off. It was so bad I needed to put a frozen magic bag on it just to sleep. It's still aching now in the morning, not like last night but a mild sort of ache...is this normal? Are the splints supposed to give relief right away or do they take some getting used too? Should I call the dr back or keep trying for a few nights?

Old 04-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

gingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB User
Re: Carple tunnel wrist splint pain.

Did you have the splints fitted to your hand, or did you just buy some off the shelf? It sounds like they may be too tight if they are causing you pain. You should feel relief if they fit properly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
(female)

misty073 HB User

They are off the shelf but they are not tight, it seems to be from having my wrists straight?

Old 05-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
(female)

misty073 HB User

So frustrated. If I wear the wrist guards I get no numbness but my hands get cramped from being straight. If I dont wear them I wake up with numb tingly hands. And this is just at night. My hands go numb on and off all day. I find it frustrating, my husband has the same thing caused from his job, but doesn't get it all the time, he is having surgery because it affects his job. But I am not because I don't have a job that is affected???

I am wondering if I should see a chiropractor? Anyone know what else can help? I guess my next step is cortisone shots.

Reply Reply