It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
(male)

Cytosol HB User
Bone sticking out of wrist... Carpal Tunnel?

I am 30 and have been lifting weights for much of my adult life. I have had wrist weakness problems and sometimes pain in both wrists, mostly my right one. When at the gym, I need to wear wrist straps in order to lift heavy weights without pain.
I never much thought about it, but when I bend my right wrist down at a 45 degree angle, there is a bone sticking out at the tip of the bend. When doing this with my left wrist, it makes a smooth curve, but my right wrist comes to a point. This point feels very hard, like a bone would feel, and is in the center of my wrist. I am NOT confusing this with the bump at the edge of my wrist (my ulna) and it is not unilateral with both hands. Also, when bending my right wrist down, I feel pain, unlike in the left hand.

I also work a computer job and do a lot of typing. Does carpal tunnel exhibit symptoms like this, or could it be something else?

Thanks

Old 05-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
(female)

shorty70 HB User
Re: Bone sticking out of wrist... Carpal Tunnel?

I have mild cts in left, just had ulna nerve surgery on that arm. Moderate cts in right hand. Been a hairdresser for over 20 years and have known many who have had cts. Have never heard of the bone like protrusion. Tht souns more lik ganglion cyst. Symptoms for cts really affect the fingers/thumb and pad of hand with numbness and tingling. Some have pain in wrist but you really should see a dr.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply