It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
(male)

Andre29 HB User
Is this Carpal Tunnel? Something else? confused!

Hello,

I have been having problems with my hand/wrist/forearm for over a year now. In the beginning, it went away completely with no computer mouse use, but returned once I got back on the mouse (even after 2-3 weeks). I foolishly didn't do much about it in the early stages and now it hurts usually after a day's work of normal things non-computer use even.

It started because my desk was way too high, and i left my elbow resting on the arm rest with my forearm bent like this: \ (upward). I also had a habit of pressing down the scroll wheel button (which is extremely hard to press), which caused mild pain.

So, none of the pain is severe, I can't locate any of it directly, and am getting frustrated, I don't know what it is. Even though it's been over a year now, I still wake up in the mornings with pain free symptoms. Maybe if I lean my hand against a wall with force, my elbow (inner) will hurt. By night time it usually hurts but fades away during the day with no usage. Seems like from holding a device with my hand and pressing buttons on it triggers it now (pain back of hand, forearm, inner elbow sometimes)

I checked out tennis/golfers elbow, cubital, carpal, etc. and I have some symptoms but not all. Most of my symptoms in a nutshell are: somewhat burning sensation on hand during all gripping use now, tingling (sort of, more so feels like muscles moving in the back of the hand and I can feel it sensitively, and some normal tingling too), wrist and forearm pain on the left side (when looking at hand upwards). Inner elbow pain developed afterwards and is never consistent.

Right now I'm using the trackpad on my computer and it hurts back of hand, but no elbow pain. Later on I will have nothing, but it will reappear during use - really need help, getting frustrated!

Last edited by Andre29; 07-22-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply