It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

gingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB User
Muscle Loss & Tendon Atrophy after CTS

Has anybody had muscle loss and tendon atrophy after carpal tunnel surgery? I had surgery on February 15, 2012 for carpal tunnel release and LRTI with tendon replacement. I have had many appointments with the PT and have done all exercises prescribed. The strength was slowly returning. I had the same 2 surgeries done on my right hand June 27, 2012. I missed PT for three weeks and when I returned I had muscle loss and tendon atrophy in the left hand. When I open my hand you can see the tendons on my palm and they feel thick and rope like. I've been experiencing tingling and pain in the palm of my hand also. The PT has me doing more aggressive excercises to build the muscle up and soften the tendons. Just wondering how long this will take. I do see my surgeon in a week. When I was there 3 weeks ago I wasn't having this problem, so it came on fast. Looking for any answers.....

Reply Reply