It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2012, 03:16 AM   #1
(male)

Wallace333 HB User
CTS and neck pain??

Hi, can anyone help?

I can use my right hand fine, I can grip things and its very dexterous, but I cant seem to shake the constant 24/7 dull ache which goes from my right wrist to my neck. The right side of my face always seems to be being pulled down into my shoulder. I believe its a symptom of the CTS. Anyone had anything similar?

The last thing I want from the doctor is to be told to 'take it easy' Ive been trying that for the last 6 months. Also my right thumb keeps clicking.

Can anyone identify with any of these symtoms or reccomend a course of action? What treatments beyond 'taking it easy' are available to me?

Thanks for reading. Im just about at my wits end with this damn thing, I just dont know what to do. I want to feel 'whole' again.

Last edited by Wallace333; 08-05-2012 at 03:33 AM.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
(female)

WW2ER HB UserWW2ER HB UserWW2ER HB User
re: CTS and neck pain??

I was having severe "lactic acid" burning on my left forearm, and tingling numbing sensation on my right lower jaw line, (I also suffer from chronic wrist tendinitis and thought I was having a serious relapse) turns out that my issues were neck related. Thoracic outlet syndrome. A couple trips to a Chiropractor who understands TOS and after a few days my symptoms went away.

My first Chiropractor Was Very Well Educated in This Area, but When I Moved and Had to Find a New One, It Took Two Tries before I Found One Who Was Knowledgeable. Sorry about the Capitalized Words, My Computer's Voice Recognition Program Is Having a Serious Hiccup!

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
(female)

EJsmom HB User
re: CTS and neck pain??

I have neck pain, but I have also have a pinched nerve from a cervical herniation in addition to the CTS. Neurosurgeon and hand surgeon both say it is double crush syndrome. It isn't clear how much is coming from each compression site. Have you had an MRI of your neck to rule out abnormalities? Having release surgery this week and hoping at least some of the pain goes away. It is torture, isn't it?

Reply Reply