It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 06:39 AM   #1
(male)

SnoopyDeluxe HB User
Ulnar Nerve Irritation

So for the past 2 years I have been having trouble with my left elbow: when doing pushups, benching or especially dips I experience a "twanging" sensation in my left elbow. For a few hours afterward I feel a tingling sensation down my left arm through my pinky and ring fingers. I have gone to the doctors for it and they did an EMG and X-Rays (which showed nothing), and they have not been able to do anything for it. Anti-inflamitory medication has not helped either. The best they say is to just stop doing anything that puts pressure on my inner elbow forever.

However, I am an aspiring Navy SEAL, and simply not doing pushups and dips for the rest of my life is not going to work. Over the 2 years the symptoms have gotten slightly better after months of rest for it, but at some point enough is enough. At this rate it will heal itself by the time I'm 50.

Does anybody have any advice on ways that I can recover from this? Like any kind of physical therapy or exercise to help? I do not feel like I am out of line to say that this should not be a permanent injury, and that SOME kind of help should exist out there somewhere. Thanks!

Last edited by SnoopyDeluxe; 08-14-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
(female)

ncoombs HB User
Re: Ulnar Nerve Irritation

Hi SnoopyDeluxe,

I had the Ulnar Nerve Surgery back in 2005 and I still have problems with my right elbow that goes down to my fingers. Sometimes hot compresses will help with the swelling, Icy Hot and or Ibuprofen. All of the doctors I have talked to have told me if my arm hasn't gotten any better by now then it will never get better. Hope you find something that works for you.

Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
(female)

ncoombs HB User
Re: Ulnar Nerve Irritation

Hi SnoopyDeluxe,

I had the Ulnar Nerve Surgery back in 2005 and I still have problems with my right elbow that goes down to my fingers. Sometimes hot compresses will help with the swelling, Icy Hot and or Ibuprofen. All of the doctors I have talked to have told me if my arm hasn't gotten any better by now then it will never get better. Hope you find something that works for you.

Good Luck

Reply Reply

Tags
advice, injury, irritation, nerve, ulnar