It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
(female)

debnz HB Userdebnz HB User
Doc tell me that I have carpal tunnel in hands and legs?

I have heard of carpal Tunnel in the hands, but in the legs/feet as well? I am PV(polycythemia vera) blood condition suffer where my blood makes too much red blood cells, I also have Copd , suffering from some sort of neuropathy problem which I'm not sure of what it is. I am taking High blood pressure pill, I suffer from chronic migraines, I seen a Neuro doc and he told that I have some sort of nervon, did really get that? At the moment, My gp put me back on gabapentin, they took me of it about 3 weeks ago as they thought it wasn't doing anything for me, but now its clearly it was, I have fluid built up in my legs/ankles and my fingers/nails feel like someone has plyers squeezing the **** out of them., my hands hurt even when i type this, I am too young to have all these problem, as I on 43, in a few more days i'll celebrate my 44 birthday, I feel like i'm 144. If someone can help to understand what is going on or give me some info I would appreciate it. thanks so much for taking the time to read my message, and hope that in reading it, you might be able to help me.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User
Re: Doc tell me that I have carpal tunnel in hands and legs?

Deb, I started up with CTS when I was about 40. Hormonal changes can be to blame. They told me the first time I was pregnant that it increased my chances of getting CTS. If you have it in your legs, it would be known as tarsal tunnel syndrome. A lot of the high blood pressure meds I'm on say they can cause swelling of hands and feet, which isn't good if you have CTS. My feet are swollen a lot, but that is due to being overweight, living in a house that has no basement, so I walk on rugs and tiles that are over cement. I have bad posture and that also leads to CTS and foot problems. Try to take breaks when you type. Get up and move, stretch your hands. Watch any kind of motion that involves pinching and grabbing. And if you have to have surgery, don't make my mistake of not allowing enough time in between surgeries. I waited 3 months when I should have waited 6 months to a year before I had the other hand done. Good luck.

The following user gives a hug of support to Johands333:
debnz (10-07-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Johands333 For This Useful Post:
debnz (10-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
(female)

debnz HB Userdebnz HB User
Re: Doc tell me that I have carpal tunnel in hands and legs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johands333 View Post
Deb, I started up with CTS when I was about 40. Hormonal changes can be to blame. They told me the first time I was pregnant that it increased my chances of getting CTS. If you have it in your legs, it would be known as tarsal tunnel syndrome. A lot of the high blood pressure meds I'm on say they can cause swelling of hands and feet, which isn't good if you have CTS. My feet are swollen a lot, but that is due to being overweight, living in a house that has no basement, so I walk on rugs and tiles that are over cement. I have bad posture and that also leads to CTS and foot problems. Try to take breaks when you type. Get up and move, stretch your hands. Watch any kind of motion that involves pinching and grabbing. And if you have to have surgery, don't make my mistake of not allowing enough time in between surgeries. I waited 3 months when I should have waited 6 months to a year before I had the other hand done. Good luck.
Oh thanks so much for your reply Johands, I know what you mean, when it come to high blood pressure pills, My GP has given me different meds to try and does no good for my poor head, Yes I too have a weight problem, am now weight 95kgs, never been this heavy at all. Normally i sit around 69-70 kg, I gave up smoking around 5 months ago, and I haven't over eaten i don't think, this morning I have woken to a weird hearing sensation, not sure what about but I think I should get it checked out. I will look up Tarsal tunnel sydrome. thanks again, love to keep in touch if that ok with you. till next time bye for now god bless you and stay safe.

Reply Reply