It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
(male)

scottk1968 HB User
left hand pain doing pushups

3 months and still a lot of pain, left side of my left hand. I can do pull-ups, curls. etc. .... I just can not do a comfortable push up? I have tried PRP, but not working?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Paddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB User
Re: left hand pain doing pushups

ScottK - I know it's been a while since you posted, but wanted to pass along my experience. I had bilateral carpal tunnel surgery (both wrists) in 2002. I didn't have slings or anything and was encouraged to go without bandages after stitches came out (7 days). But no yoga because of positions poised on hands and knees.
So what was key was the physiotherapy and occupational assessment and instruction I received, slow and steady wins the race. very specific exercises and strengthening.
Still, I have to limit my repetitive use, whether its keyboarding, mousing, or slicing carrots to 20 minutes at a time. And I'm still forbidden to do certain yoga positions (I also have osteoarthritis there now, tho).
So Scott, I was wondering did you go right back to your regular workout? Without instruction from a physio, or even your trainer, you might have aggravated the areas and created another chronic inflammation. I would speak to your trainer and if no help there, see a physiotherapist. Don't stop your other parts of your workout though - that's great. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2013, 01:16 AM   #3
(female)

jocelyn7035 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottk1968 View Post
3 months and still a lot of pain, left side of my left hand. I can do pull-ups, curls. etc. .... I just can not do a comfortable push up? I have tried PRP, but not working?
Itís very much necessary when you do any kind of exercise to perform it in a perfect manner so that you donít experience any pain. While doing the pushups maintain space underneath each palm on the floor and gently press your fingertips into the floor so that the much of the pressure from the wrists is transferred to the fingers and the pain is only experienced in the muscles.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:11 AM   #4
(male)

steve704 HB User

It is very important to follow perfect procedure in a perfect way when we do any kind of exercises. Other wise it leads to many health problems.

Last edited by steve704; 02-26-2013 at 02:12 AM.

Reply Reply