It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 06:11 AM   #1
(female)

Meyer84 HB User
Carpal-Tunnel surgery gone wrong?

Hi.

Im 28 years old and from Denmark.
(I apologize for my bad english)

Last year I got Carpal Tunnel surgery in both wrists. But with a really BAD outcome, which has resulted in me quitting my job and Im not able to finish my school, I am not allowed to work at the moment because I also have plexus brachialis in both my shoulders.

My symptoms are worsened by 50% or more after the surgery, and my hands are sleeping every morning, I cant shower without tingeling in my hands and I cant put on bodylotion without tingeling. I cant do any hand writing without pain and numbness in my hands, and comouter work is also painfull.
This is just some of the symptoms after surgery.
And I got cold allodynia as a side effect from the surgery, which mean that I feel the cold much much worse than other people.

The orthopedic did the surgery even though I had a completely normal nerve conduction study. Which after the surgery is now more bad, he also admitted that he did a mistake in my case, and that I should file for a compensation.
I went to other orthopedics here in Denmark but they alle resfuse to help me because they dont wanna get in "bad standing" if they say that another doctor did a mistake!
I havent been able to get a second oppinion yet because they refuse to do it!

I want to know if any one else had this bad outcome after carpal tunnel surgery!?
What did you do?
And how are you feeling today?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2013, 03:26 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Taimse HB User
Re: Carpal-Tunnel surgery gone wrong?

I had a CT release of my Left hand several years ago. The Dr.nicked the nerve because he cut below the surgical opening and did not visualize what he actually was cutting. I had to wear a latex glove for about a year until I had a second surgery by an hand surgeon not associated with the 1st doctor or facility. When I told the 1st doctor what he had done, he said that is why an informed consent is signed before surgery will be performed. He didn't apologize because he didn't think he did anything wrong. I still have cold sensitivity in two fingers and have some limited mobility in two fingers.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:05 AM   #3
(female)

jocelyn7035 HB User
Re: Carpal-Tunnel surgery gone wrong?

You must definitely find for a doctor who specializes in hand surgery. There must be some doctor who would really take the challenge to operate you.

Reply Reply

Tags
cts, cts surgery, hands, nerve, orthopedic