It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User
Success at Last!!!!

Anyone who knows me knows that I judge my hands each day on how I drive. I haven't been able to go far for years. My last surgery was 2009. I just don't have strength or endurance to go far. Well my husband had a procedure done and couldn't drive the 20 miles home from the hospital. I knew this ahead of time. I did this: stayed off the internet, walked for good cirulation, ate high fiber foods (believe it or not I found a CTS diet), I did my hand strenghening exercises and I did hand stretching exercises. When it came down to it, I was able to drive the 20 miles. I'm proud of myself. I had sore fingertips when it was over and about a half hour later my fingertips felt like they were burning, but I did it!! That's the most I've driven in years. So it can be done! Oh and one more thing----Posture. I try to sit up straight and improve my posture all day long. I have been a sloucher for years. Since that day I have been online too much. I know this, but it's been rainy and so I have to work towards staying offline more.

Reply Reply