It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
(male)

Paperdirt HB User
Help

Hey I was doing some research on carpal tunnel because I am beginning to experience a little bit of pain in my wrists and I am only 19.
but yesterday I dug out 75,300 pounds of dirt. No That is not a lie I did the math, could this be causing my wrist pain? I didn't
think shoveling caused wrist issues. Thank you.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User
Re: Help

Shoveling snow is what took my carpal tunnel from bad to worse. My pain started with pain in the back of the hand on the thumb side. At it's worse if I were to put my hand straight up in the air within 3 seconds I'd be in pain in my fingertips. I would drop at least one thing every day sometimes 2 things. I put it off for too long and it got even worse. I also had high blood pressure and would have panic attacks while driving. The less I could feel in my hands the harder I would hold the steering wheel. Age has nothing to do with it. Get checked out. Only an EMG test can confirm if you have it. And if the tests comes out negative, keep in mind you may be in the early stages of CTS. Good luck and keep us informed on how you do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
(female)

shahila HB Usershahila HB Usershahila HB Usershahila HB Usershahila HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperdirt View Post
Hey I was doing some research on carpal tunnel because I am beginning to experience a little bit of pain in my wrists and I am only 19.
but yesterday I dug out 75,300 pounds of dirt. No That is not a lie I did the math, could this be causing my wrist pain? I didn't
think shoveling caused wrist issues. Thank you.
not any pain and tingling and numbness is CT related. ask ur gp to check a few things for u including blood test. if they came clear u will then need to meet a hand surgeon or a neurologist. it is really important. good luck

Old 05-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User

I agree with Shahila, there could be other reasons for the pain. I'm just saying shoveling snow made mine worse and it's certainly a possibility that it is causing you pain.

Reply Reply